No announcement yet.

Dry Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also trying some Aquaphor Baby. We got samples at work and had extra after we passed them all out. I put some on today, and I think I like it.

Comment

I've been using Indulgence for a while and it seems to work great. It has an exfoliator, a cream and a balm. I haven't had any issues since and I'm always doing dishes, changing diapers, etc.

I got it from http://bit.ly/1CbrKCQ

Comment

My whole family has this problem, especially with the dishes - we wear gloves to do dishes, then rinse hands with vinegar and then apply lotion.
        We especially like the Gold Bond with sanitizer stuff for daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
          I use coconut oil. It's very cheap, fragrance free, and wonderfully moisturizing.

Yes this. Raw "cold pressed" coconut oil.
          Last edited by Michael; 01-15-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I just use Suave hand lotion, but I put it on after every time I wash my hands. My mother's finger tips would actually cut open and she'd have little cuts all over the tips of her fingers. She used to put Neosporin Ointment on them. They cleared up. My elbows crack open like her fingers did. I use Neosporin Ointment on them also and they clear up. Then I put Suave lotion on my elbows for a while to keep them from cracking open again.

I've tried a lot of lotions and most of them feel very heavy or greasy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by permanentvacation View Post
              My mother's finger tips would actually cut open and she'd have little cuts all over the tips of her fingers. She used to put Neosporin Ointment on them. They cleared up. My elbows crack open like her fingers did. I use Neosporin Ointment on them also and they clear up.
              Like this?

I just "glue" them shut with New Skin.

Half the time I dont even notice until I am bleeding everywhere...
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                Like this?

I just "glue" them shut with New Skin.

Half the time I dont even notice until I am bleeding everywhere...
                My mom, being from the old school that she is puts super glue on her cuts....she says it's cheap and you can get it at the dollar store:: I like to use the gold bond hand lotion to keep my hands smooth....

Comment

I make my own body butter. I use coconut oil, shea butter and vit. E oil. Sometimes I throw in some lavender essential oil. My DH swears by it. Works wonders!

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                    My mom, being from the old school that she is puts super glue on her cuts....she says it's cheap and you can get it at the dollar store:: I like to use the gold bond hand lotion to keep my hands smooth....
                    I used to use Super Glue too but I am not very good with it and I kept getting my fingers stuck to the container.

New Skin isn't that hard to use so...

Cracks like that happen on my finger tip pads and the sides of my fingernails. It usually happens during the dry winter months.

Comment

Blackcat,

Yes, like that, except hers came pretty much right out from under her fingernails where the tip of your fingers meet the underside of your nails.

Comment

Working...
                      X