No announcement yet.

Wanna know how much dcps actually work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one parent that sort of bugs me. She gets off of work before 5, but I have him until 5. If she's expected to pick him up around 2, she'll ask if he can stay until 5 so she can get some "school work" or "studying" time in. I think this bugs me because she does it when I don't have another kid that day and I have my own school work and studying to do.

Outside of that, I don't care what they do on the days that I have them for the typical known hours I'm supposed to have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Parent Again View Post
      I think we are talking about two separate things. I'm talking about hours that are already covered by the contract. I'm not talking about extra time above and beyond what our contract says. If I'm taking time off work to take care of things then it is during time that I've already arranged with you to care for my child.
      No, we aren't talking about two separate things.

I provide care for children WHEN, AND ONLY WHEN their parent is at work.

They provide me a schedule every week if it changes or however their schedule works. If they have to work 7a until 7 p on Monday, they are allowed x travel time and they have to pick up.

If they only work a short extra shift from 7a until 11 am... They come immediately from work to pick up.

If they get off work early, they are to pick up immediately.

Because I provide daycare for generally single moms working up to three jobs all hours of the day and on weekends, I don't provide extra care. If they want date night, errands, etc... They pay extra for that.

Now, that being said, if a mom tells me that next Tuesday they are supposed to get off at 3:00 pm but they are leaving early to go get a Pap smear or etc, I have no issues with that. But after that, they pick up immediately.

I don't offer m-f 8-5 contracted care. That would generally not be called contracted hours if heats he hours your daycare is open and generally operating.

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
        No, we aren't talking about two separate things.

I provide care for children WHEN, AND ONLY WHEN their parent is at work.

They provide me a schedule every week if it changes or however their schedule works. If they have to work 7a until 7 p on Monday, they are allowed x travel time and they have to pick up.

If they only work a short extra shift from 7a until 11 am... They come immediately from work to pick up.

If they get off work early, they are to pick up immediately.

Because I provide daycare for generally single moms working up to three jobs all hours of the day and on weekends, I don't provide extra care. If they want date night, errands, etc... They pay extra for that.

Now, that being said, if a mom tells me that next Tuesday they are supposed to get off at 3:00 pm but they are leaving early to go get a Pap smear or etc, I have no issues with that. But after that, they pick up immediately.

I don't offer m-f 8-5 contracted care. That would generally not be called contracted hours if heats he hours your daycare is open and generally operating.
        Woah, do you charge by the hour? Or, if a parent who normally works 30 hours a week gets their schedule cut to 15 hours a week do you discount that week's tuition? I can't imagine charging my clients for X number of hours when the DCK will only be in my care for half of that.

Comment

I don't care where my daycare parents are. Work, play, drs. appts... I have certain hours to care for their child that have been agreed upon. I like it when all the kids are here .

But ... everyone is different and runs their business how it works for them.

Comment

Working...
          X