Parental Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by christine19720 View Post
    But, I can't help but wonder how these new parents will handle when their child enters school
    I was thinking the same thing… she will probably want to be a chaperone for every trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelearnersdaycare View Post
      I just thought I would give everyone an update on the current situation i'm dealing with. I told this DCP to go home and talk to her husband about signing the field trip form next year. She came back yesterday and said they still will not be comfortable with me taking their children to the park. Therefore, i told her on the spot that she will need to find other daycare. Because i know the difficulty in finding good childcare, i am giving them four weeks to find other care.
      Also, is it weird that i feel completely offended by her distrust in me? I am a licensed childcare provider and am perfectly capable of watching 5-8 children play at the park. She kept saying that she was "surprised other parents weren't nervous". To me this is like a slap in the face to the other parents and i don't like it. I'm glad that we have hashed this situation and i will no longer have to worry about this odd request. I feel much better and want to thank everyone for giving me the courage to stand my ground
      I wouldn't take it personally if I were you.

I am a parent.

I didn't trust ANYONE to take my children ANYWHERE but have major issues with parents when they don't trust ME to take their children.

See how that works?

Totally double standard.

But it is just the way it is...kwim?

Comment

That would definitely be a deal breaker here. I only go on very few trips but all of the parents I have are groovy with it. Usually one of the first things I get asked is if I take the dc kids places and we go from there. Usually parents are like this :happyface when I say that we go places on occasion.

Comment

Working...
        X