Pet Peeves in the World of Day Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves in the World of Day Care

1....parents wearing shoes in house when walking past the sign on the door that states" Please take shoes off children lie on these floors "

2 ...children arriving with sticky breakfasts in their hands ( mostly 2 year olds )

3... late or no show and no call

4....no one remembering to sign in or out ....

5 ...no one doing time request sheet ..or having me still total the cost of the month payment

6....having the day care provider do all the faxing for subsidy even months into car ( offered in enrollment cost for the beginning not forever )

7...asking me to print out pay stubbs ex with my ink

8...parents sitting on top of tables and such ...while all day I ask the children not too ...

your turn !!

I don't have a lot of daycare pet peeves but these come to mind
    • Children capable of walking being carried in/out
    • Children paci's in their mouths 24/7
    • Sippy cups
    • Parents who use phrases such as "He/she won't let me" or "I tried to get them to...."
    • Parents who think EVERYTHING their kid does is cute, unique or "special"
    • Parent definitions of "gifted" "advanced" or "special"

Other pet peeves:

People who talk on their cells LOUDLY while shopping or especially when going through check out lines.

People who park in fire zones or no parking zones because "they are only going to be a minute"

People who allow their children to run amok in a public place, like stores or restaurants.

People who chew with their mouths open or talk with food in their mouths

People who do not use blinkers/turn signals, tail gate or are just plain old rude drivers

People who apologize and then add "But....".

Comment

- Not signing in/out. (I can get written up if a parent forgets)
      - "I'm trying to get her to..."
      - Parents saying they're going to pick up early then not.
      - Kids being picked up 5 min before closing when I know a parent is home.
      - My family being loud/walking through the room (repeatedly!) when the babies are napping, even after they wake the babies

Comment

kids being picked up exactly at closing then the parent wants to talk about their child's day for 15 minutes .

Comment

People that obviously think I have "STUPID" written on my forehead or they would NOT act, say or do the things they do.... :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            I don't have a lot of daycare pet peeves but these come to mind
            • Children capable of walking being carried in/out
            • Children paci's in their mouths 24/7
            • Sippy cups
            • Parents who use phrases such as "He/she won't let me" or "I tried to get them to...."
            • Parents who think EVERYTHING their kid does is cute, unique or "special"
            • Parent definitions of "gifted" "advanced" or "special"

Other pet peeves:

People who talk on their cells LOUDLY while shopping or especially when going through check out lines.

People who park in fire zones or no parking zones because "they are only going to be a minute"

People who allow their children to run amok in a public place, like stores or restaurants.

People who chew with their mouths open or talk with food in their mouths

People who do not use blinkers/turn signals, tail gate or are just plain old rude drivers

People who apologize and then add "But....".
            I hate it when people chew with their mouths open! Number one pet peeve for me, it really bugs me. The blinkers but me too big time because I feel like I am a very thoughtful signal giver and I give plenty of space between the car in front of me. I hate it when people merge between me and the car in front of me. UH.. that was my buffer zone! Also I hate it when people change lanes constantly only to end up back where they started!

Comment

Anything that could be classified as non-parenting. "She wouldn't xyz" or "she made me buy xyz".

Also, I have two dckids who do not eat healthy foods at home. Lately we have been talking about healthy eating and healthy bodies, which the parents know. These two parents are actually offended by this, and apparently quite passive aggressive too, because now they are showing up with their kids in the morning with packaged doughnuts and 'bug juice' from the gas station. Kids covered in frosting, etc. And they plunk them down at my island and go. They have chosen to take it personally that I am teaching their children healthy choices. This is the kind of thing that will eventually cause me to quit this job. Not soon, but eventually.

As hard as I try to not let it bother me when parents feed kids nothing but crap, It Drives Me Bongo. For these parents it is a conscious choice.

Comment

Originally posted by drseuss View Post
                Anything that could be classified as non-parenting. "She wouldn't xyz" or "she made me buy xyz".

Also, I have two dckids who do not eat healthy foods at home. Lately we have been talking about healthy eating and healthy bodies, which the parents know. These two parents are actually offended by this, and apparently quite passive aggressive too, because now they are showing up with their kids in the morning with packaged doughnuts and 'bug juice' from the gas station. Kids covered in frosting, etc. And they plunk them down at my island and go. They have chosen to take it personally that I am teaching their children healthy choices. This is the kind of thing that will eventually cause me to quit this job. Not soon, but eventually.

As hard as I try to not let it bother me when parents feed kids nothing but crap, It Drives Me Bongo. For these parents it is a conscious choice.
                I would not let that food into my house at all, I would just say at the door, oh, those things aren't allowed here, we have a no junk food zone policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                  People that obviously think I have "STUPID" written on my forehead
                  I like that kind of people)))) I even can play a little and help them to think that I'm stupid. Especially if I have business with them. Very often it helps to win;

Hmmm:confused: ... I'm surprised. I don't have any pet peeve. happyface

Comment

Anytime a parent compromises the safety of a child while on my property by disregarding the rules I have in place for that very reason.

No you should NOT allow your child to play in your vehicle(keys in the ignition) while I am quickly trying to tell you about their day.

No your child shouldn't be running through the driveway after you leave my house and as other parents are pulling in and out.

Or allow their child to damage/destroy my property because they can't tell them NO or control them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynM View Post
                      I would not let that food into my house at all, I would just say at the door, oh, those things aren't allowed here, we have a no junk food zone policy.
                      I am getting there with my next policy update! Soon.

One of these parents is my niece and she is so stubborn I wouldn't doubt if she pulled over the new policy to try and prove something. Example: Yesterday she came in here b!tch!ng and eye-rolling, saying that her dental hygienist was so "bossy". She told her that she needed to floss more. Love her to the moon and back but wow. Not everything is personal.

Comment

My dc parents all want to chat for 10-15 minutes at pickup. No thanks!

My dc parents want way too much info about their day.

Comment

My pet peeve:

P-A-R-E-N-T-S

Comment

Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
                            I like that kind of people)))) I even can play a little and help them to think that I'm stupid. Especially if I have business with them. Very often it helps to win;

Hmmm:confused: ... I'm surprised. I don't have any pet peeve. happyface
                            My clients get the "stare" from me! ::::

Comment

Right now:

A certain child always coming in with a dirty face, arms, legs, and feet. He also has nails longer than mine, they are never cut. Coming in with clothes that do not fit.

Parents (specifically, 1 of mine) coming in talking on their phones.

Parents that do not work or have a lot of days off, but don't spend time with their kids.

Kids who don't know how to talk quietly.

Kids who sit at the table for an hour to eat.

Taking my time to send pictures of their child doing something and getting no response or thank you back.

Geez, just realized that most of my pet peeves stem from one family.

Comment

Working...
                              X