Have you ever started a thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever started a thread....

.... & then said, "I know what the advice with be" & delete it?

(This girl does!)
    Last edited by coolconfidentme; 08-13-2014, 04:18 AM. Reason: sp

No, because I know that someone always has a different perspective for me to consider.

Every time I think I have heard it all someone proves me wrong lovethis
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I start threads, then wish I hadn't, only because they seem whiney or obvious.

Plus, after reading some threads by others & what they're dealing with, I tend to get paranoid. I do love all the different advice, even if I don't feel like I am strong enough to follow it personally.

Comment

I've started a thread then wished I hadn't when it took a completely different turn

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyMom View Post
          I've started a thread then wished I hadn't when it took a completely different turn
          Been there too. I'm also am guilty of hi-jacking a thread...., by accident of course!

Comment

Originally posted by coolconfidentme View Post
            Been there too. I'm also am guilty of hi-jacking a thread...., by accident of course!
            I love when that happens.

I figure it is much like regular face to face conversation.

One thing leads to another and before you know it you solved two issues not just one..kwim?

Plus imagine how complicated it would be to follow a ton of different threads for every singular topic/idea that pops up.

Even when threads take an ugly turn and get dramatic, they are still learning experiences and there is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

All the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                No, because I know that someone always has a different perspective for me to consider.

Every time I think I have heard it all someone proves me wrong lovethis
                Sorry... ::

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyMom View Post
                  The best threads on this site IMHO started out as one thing and ended up addressing a way more complex issue in our business. Never shy away from the road less travelled.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by Naptime yet? View Post
                    I start threads, then wish I hadn't, only because they seem whiney or obvious.
                    This.

Comment

yes, usually because I know the answer will be "term them". If only it was always that easy.

Comment

Yes, I frequently do. I probably start a thread abut once a week or so, decide I won't really get the input I'm looking for, so I just delete it.

Honestly, I don't seem to get a lot of responses to some of the issues that I post about.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                          yes, usually because I know the answer will be "term them". If only it was always that easy.
                          Thank you for posting this topic. It is one of my favorites and I have some new found free time, Wee! happyface

I hear (well, read) people say that a lot here.

BUT, When I read the actual threads where people are told to term it is usually because the provider has let the parent/child get away with so much already that getting them back into ring would be more work and stress for a already frazzled provider than enrolling a new family and starting fresh.

**the formula of: stressed provider + more stressors + house full of kids + isolation = risk for child abuse**

This is known but nobody seems willing to talk openly about it. It offends people when we try to talk about it. "Not me, how dare you" is the general reaction to it.

Protecting the provider's stress level is more important than saving the client. Many providers offering support KNOW how to solve it, but also see that the one asking can't/won't do it. IYKWIM? It is all in perspective.

I love the hijacks!! Those are the best REAL discussions ever...
                          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                            Thank you for posting this topic. It is one of my favorites and I have some new found free time, Wee! happyface

I hear (well, read) people say that a lot here.

BUT, When I read the actual threads where people are told to term it is usually because the provider has let the parent/child get away with so much already that getting them back into ring would be more work and stress for a already frazzled provider than enrolling a new family and starting fresh.

**the formula of: stressed provider + more stressors + house full of kids + isolation = risk for child abuse**

This is known but nobody seems willing to talk openly about it. It offends people when we try to talk about it. "Not me, how dare you" is the general reaction to it.

Protecting the provider's stress level is more important than saving the client. Many providers offering support KNOW how to solve it, but also see that the one asking can't/won't do it. IYKWIM? It is all in perspective.

I love the hijacks!! Those are the best REAL discussions ever...
                            The above post is SO true.

The bolded part is also important because there is a fine line between doing what's right for everyone involved and doing what is best for the provider's finances or the provider's need to not feel like a failure for trying to solve an issue that really isn't their problem to begin with.

Those are the had truths of this business.

Comment

Originally posted by coolconfidentme View Post
                              .... & then said, "I know what the advice with be" & delete it?

(This girl does!)
                              I've started some to vent then deleted because I got the frustration out.

I've started some and deleted because I didn't want to sound dumb.

I've started some and deleted because I was afraid of being pounced on.

I do enjoy others ideas. Everyone does things different and this forum opens up a world of new ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X