Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Have Your Daycare In The Basement??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great news!
    I'm sure he's considered all the options, but we have a door that is at the landing from the first floor to the basement, so ground level, and it would be easy to put in. The steps are inside. I can see the door from the basement, and there is a door to the first floor, so it's still perfect as our exclusive day care entry. It is also along our driveway so parents can just pull up right outside the door.
    Good luck with your remodel!

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
      If adding a door isn't feasible, I'd get an electronic door lock for one of the upstairs doors. That way, the parents can get in without you running up the stairs each time, but your house is locked.
      I run mine out of my bi-level basement. Pickup/drop off at such staggered times has been such an issue. we just all come upstairs when I am expecting pick up/drop off. This electronic door lock sounds like a awesome idea!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by debbiedoeszip View Post
        We've been looking at homes to buy and have decided that if we ended up buying a two storey with a finished basement that I'd use the main floor for daycare and the finished basement would be private family space (along with the second floor). That way we don't have the issue of daycare kids/parents trouping through the house at drop off and pick up.
        I think this is a great idea. I also don't like the fact that if I am cooking I have to have all of the kids upstairs while I am in the kitchen. I usually put on cartoons for them for a half hours while I cook so they keep occupied. It would be nice to have it all in one space!

Comment

Working...
        X