No announcement yet.

Who Does Daily Sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first two families I had I printed them out. The family I have now I started out using spiral notebooks that I got super cheap at back to school time. With the first two kids in the family she brought a diaper bag each day so it was just kept in there. I would get it out in the morning and fill it out each day. With the new baby I decided I hated the diaper bag coming and going every day so I gave her a three ring binder to keep at home. Each day I put the info on loose leaf paper and just hand it to her at the end of the day and she puts it in the binder at home. I keep a spiral notebook here with the same info for my records.

Comment

I used to, but then saw them in diaper bags, folded right in front of me, questions were asked about things that were already on the paper; parents just didn't seem to read them so I quit doing them.

I do however ask the infant parents if they want one, but none of my families even want one. I feel that I tell them in detail about their day so they don't want one anyways.

Comment

I use Daily Connect also and my parents love it! I did tell them how to set up their own accounts and 3 of my 4 non-related families check in at least once a day. I absolutely LOVE it! Not only is it great communication, but it helps identify patterns if there's a sleeping/eating/toileting/diapering question.

Comment

When I first started doing day care, I used to use a notebook that would be passed back and forth between me and the parents. I would keep a record of things like diaper changes, meals and nap time during the day care day. The parents would write about things that happened at home that might impact the kid's day with me. After a month or two at most, the notebook would suddenly stop coming.

I've since switched to a daily form and find myself still writing one up for a couple of kids that I've had for over 2/3 years. I know the parents don't look at the daily form I give them but they insist on getting one. I'm thinking about going back to the notebook idea!

Comment

I did them for the first year I was in business and then it seemed to be a waste of time. I did infant and toddler sheet then changed to once they turn 1 no more daily sheets one and one and done! Then I just said forget it and stopped doing it people questioned how much they child ate and how many times they were changed it became more trouble than it was worth. I'll never do a daily sheet again.

Comment

Working...
            X