Who Does Daily Sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Does Daily Sheets

I am now at the point that I am wondering if I will continue to do daily sheets. I spend a ton of money on ink and paper. I also notice that sometimes the backpacks still have work and the sheets in them the next day.

I switched to the Dailey connect app. So much better!!
    I don't tell the parents they can log in.... I just tell them I use an app to send a daily email about their day.

Comment

Agree with pp! I also used daily connect! Works great and saved money on paper and ink! It's also easier

Comment

I do them but I just email them to parents. Last I looked into an app they only one I liked was for iPhone not android, but maybe that has changed. I need to look into it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Littleplanet View Post
          I am now at the point that I am wondering if I will continue to do daily sheets. I spend a ton of money on ink and paper. I also notice that sometimes the backpacks still have work and the sheets in them the next day.
          Tell those parents that want a daily sheet to bring their own.

You can fill it out.

9 out of 10 times those parents don't remember to bring one.

That way the cost of ink/paper is on them.

Separates out the ones who really need one and those who just say they do... because you are the one supplying them.

Comment

I don't. I have found way too many things I spent a lot of time on shoved in places and never looked at! I do a sheet when babies start to get their routine down and so parents know what they're doing during the day.

Comment

I tell parents I will do them if parents print and provide one sheet each day. Only one parent has wanted to do this in the past several years. I also don't do it forever. I will do them for a child under 12 months or an older child that is new (for a few weeks)

Comment

I do them but e-mail them. This has saved me SO MUCH MONEY on paper and ink, plus I always retain a copy of them then! This has also proved VERY useful.

I copy and paste a standard version and then fill it in. It is very quick. I like that it keeps communication very open with the parents and myself. They are used to seeing an e-mail from me often and I find it a great way to discuss, without little ears listening, issues that are occurring or send out reminders about days off and such. I always say "6/30 Daily Report + special reminder" or "6/30 Daily Report + note" in the subject if I am adding anything important that I definitely want them to read.

Comment

I do them for the infants. Once a child becomes a toddler I try to stop and encourage the parents to ask the children about their day. I let the parents know that if there is an issue going on that needs to be monitored I will happily fill out a sheet.

Comment

I still do them…. always have, not sure if I will ever stop. I feel like its one of those little things that is more like a daycare center than a babysitter and people look for that. I've rarely have a parent who doesn't refer back to them - I have parents from years ago tell me they still have a folder full of them, LOL! I did cut down on the size of them a few years ago - went from full size paper to half so I get 2 on a page. And my DH can photocopy them for me at work (I send him with a pack of paper and tell him to make the whole pack) so its not costing me more than a pack of paper (and I always do the free after rebate thing at staples).

Comment

I just stopped doing them for kids over 1. I still do them for the babies because I feel like they need that level of communication. I post all of our special activities, my menu, and reminders on my daycare Facebook page, so I felt like the daily sheets for the older kids were getting redundant.

Comment

They never got read. Just thrown in my driveway/on the floor of their cars etc......a complete and utter waste of paper and time.

I got tired of parents asking how the day was and me replying with what was on their paper. Seemed pointless.

Comment

I'm a daily connect girl myself. Once I got the hang of it, it's super fast and so convenient! And it only cost me $5 one time. Once they're out of diapers, I discontinue the app.

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
                            I switched to the Dailey connect app. So much better!!
                            I don't tell the parents they can log in.... I just tell them I use an app to send a daily email about their day.
                            Exactly the same thing I do. Saves paper and ink and I find its faster than hand writing. Love it

Comment

I wrote notes for a while, but they were often lost and a pain writing one for each kid. Now I do a daily blog instead. The parents love it and it is great advertising when I am looking for new LOs to fill a spot. (all families have signed a waiver) http://littlefriendsdaycareslc.webs.com/apps/blog/

Comment

Working...
                              X