How Can Parents Be So Stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can Parents Be So Stupid

I have totally had it with people that cannot tell their child no or have no idea how to discipline them. DCM picked up 3 yr old boy yesterday. He tends to throw fits for her almost every day. I walk with them out to their car last night because I was going to get the mail. She gets the baby in the car and then puts 3 yr old dcb in his carseat. She has the whole thing clicked and dcb starts throwing a fit and taking his arms out of the harness so that the carseat safety system is only across his hips. She puts his arms back in and he continues to take them out and throw a fit. She says "he always does this taking his arms out". She finally says "fine, go ahead" and she got in the front seat, said goodbye to me and left. I could not believe it. If she got hit, he would be ejected out of that seat so fast. So we can't say no to our kid or make him put his arms in, so we're gonna just let him get severely hurt or worse in a car accident. One word for that and it's ignorant.

She doesn't want him to cry. That is more important than safety to her.
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

That's actually reportable IMO. Unsafe carseat practices are definitely not okay in my book! I have reported people (not current clients) for it in the past actually. A previous client's new wife had their baby (who was 2 mos older than my baby) in a forward facing booster style seat at 8 months old!! They found the carseat at a garage sale. It was that plus other issues (no hot water, heating or plumbing in their home, cleanliness issues with their baby) but that was the kicker. She posted a picture on Facebook and the baby was practically hanging out the seat the straps and clip were so loose...

Comment

All I could think while reading that was why in the world did she not just strap him in super tight?! I'd rather him be uncomfortable, immobile, and screaming than flung out of the car!

Comment

She needs to tighten those straps down and only leave enough room for that child to breathe! He shouldn't be able to get his arms out if it's fitted properly.

Comment

same here

I have the same kid here except he is two and runs away from his mom outside everyday. runs down the sidewalk and to the neighbors porch. we live on a busy street I'm always afraid he's going to run to the street and get hit. I wish she would make him hold her hand.

This is also the same kid who come in wearing rain boots on a 90 and sunny day seriously? she said there are something's are not worth fighting over oh and his shoes are in his bag. Be a freaking parent and tell him NO and take the boots off and make him wear shoes instead of me fighting your battles for you! Lazy people with NO common sense drive me crazy and I have two parents who are this way.

Comment

I agree, why isn't those straps tighter or why doesn't she look him in the eye and say you WILL keep those arms in there or else!! I'm going to be outside with the kids today when she picks up and see if it happens again. Still pissed about it. He knows if he hollers she gives him what he wants. I see it every day with him and her. He tries that crap with me on certain things and I look at him and tell him I'm not momma, that isn't working with me and he changes his tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                I have the same kid here except he is two and runs away from his mom outside everyday. runs down the sidewalk and to the neighbors porch. we live on a busy street I'm always afraid he's going to run to the street and get hit. I wish she would make him hold her hand.

This is also the same kid who come in wearing rain boots on a 90 and sunny day seriously? she said there are something's are not worth fighting over oh and his shoes are in his bag. Be a freaking parent and tell him NO and take the boots off and make him wear shoes instead of me fighting your battles for you! Lazy people with NO common sense drive me crazy and I have two parents who are this way.
                My neighbors child has worn snow boots for over a year now. He wore them all through last summer every where he went. Just tell the child no!

Comment

Originally posted by craftymissbeth View Post
                  All I could think while reading that was why in the world did she not just strap him in super tight?! I'd rather him be uncomfortable, immobile, and screaming than flung out of the car!
                  happyface

Comment

Couldn't she just tighten them up and solve the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Honestly, I would put the kid on a leash. Get a wrist tether, put it on the kid before pickup, and hand it to mom with kid attached and tell her that there will be no more of the kid running away, as it is a liability for you (and that you won't tolerate the behavior at your home). Insist mom use it or carry the child to the car seat EVERY DAY.

Comment

Originally posted by craftymissbeth View Post

I've always told my kids that if I had to choose between having them safe or happy I'd choose safe. Every time.

Comment

This is not as serious as the car seat but it bugs me .

DCG stuck her tongue out at me , I told her that is not nice and we do not do that here . She looked right at me smiled and slowly stuck her tongue out again then smiled at me . So i told her that she could not have a sticker when she was getting picked up . She started whining and demanded a sticker , I held fast and said no , you did not listen and did something not nice even after you were told not to .
                          Dcm says that's o.k. I will give you some at home .

What happened to wanting your child to come here because we teach manners and how to behave and be nice to others .

Comment

Originally posted by hope View Post
                            My neighbors child has worn snow boots for over a year now. He wore them all through last summer every where he went. Just tell the child no!
                            I have a 4 yr old here now that has had the same outfit on all week.

When I questioned mom, I got the same "They wouldn't let me..." line that most no-cry parents give.

I also have a DCM that allows ALL 3 of her kids to enter the daycare, close the door behind them and then allows the next kid to open the door, enter and close the door behind them, then the next one... Because they ALL want to open the door so she just each of them have one turn daily verses saying no.

I finally told her NO children touch my door. Adults only.

Now they take turns letting mom open and close the door completely so each one can enter separately and not feel jipped that a sibling was first.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                              I also have a DCM that allows ALL 3 of her kids to enter the daycare, close the door behind them and then allows the next kid to open the door, enter and close the door behind them, then the next one... Because they ALL want to open the door so she just each of them have one turn daily verses saying no.
                              Btdt.....with a sibling family of 3, but with the door bell at 6:45 a.m. It was so quiet in the morning, you could always hear them coming a mile away, never mind playing with the door bell. Of course, most of my family was still sleeping.

I couldn't hold back to discipline the children and mom, that as long as my family would be sleeping at their arrival, there would be no need to ring that door bell from now on.

Glad they saw my seriousness about the matter, otherwise I was disconnecting the darn thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X