Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Licensing Info and Wait (Kent County)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a checklist that you can print off of everything you need to do. Here is the website if you don't already have it

Oh and one tip: Don't forget to check the temp of your water! I forgot to do that oopsies!

Comment

It depends. It didn't take mine long at all to go through, but I've heard of it taking months and that was the estimate that they gave me when I applied.

When they send you a letter about your orientation date, you will need to go to the orientation. At the orientation they will give you a document that you will have to fill out and sign, and then mail back to the dept. Once you have signed and mailed that letter (NOT when they receive it, but the second you send it out. You don't have to wait for confirmation that they received it), you are legally able to start enrolling children. You will receive your actual license in the mail within a few weeks.

You cannot claim children for reimbursement on the food program until your license actually goes through, but you can set up a visit with them before your license goes through so everything will all be set to go.

Comment

Originally posted by melilley View Post
        If you are a family provider, you can open as soon as you go to orientation then licensing will come out within 90 days for an inspection.
        This is true. But I was so nervous that I didn't have everything set that I waited until my inspection to open my doors. It didn't take long after submitting paperwork to do the orientation. It shouldn't be long now happyface And yes, you need to have a gates everywhere! I have a door at the bottom of my stairs, but I also have a not permanent gate that I put up because the children can open the door. I am not sure what the licensing lady said about it, I don't think I even asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          You cannot claim children for reimbursement on the food program until your license actually goes through, but you can set up a visit with them before your license goes through so everything will all be set to go.
          I recommend this. I had the food program lady visit a few months before opening my doors, just to get the hang of things and be ready to go when I could open. I wanted all my ducks in a row.

Comment

Kent county registration

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I know that's what the website says but I have heard a ton of people say their orientations were scheduled within just a few weeks. Once orientation is done assuming the home is in compliance you're supposed to get your registration mailed to you within a couple weeks yes?
            I turned in all my information and had my orientation less than a month later. However it's been a month since orientation and I still haven't received my registration. I mailed back my registration statement the same day as the orientation. Anyone know how long to wait before I try and call again?

Comment

Working...
            X