No announcement yet.

Dry Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure their are lots of sites on this, but here is one. Vitamin A and I think E help with dry skin. I'm not sure if it works or not because I take vitamins, but also use lotion, and sometimes (not yet this year since snow hasn't hit) I will put lotion on and wear the gloves like a pp said from Walmart...$1.50 for one pair....does the job. OR pay $20 a pair at Bath and Body Works just so they have a gel-like inside feel, but they both work! Anyways, too many variables in my lifestyle to see if the vitamins work on it or not. Safe than sorry I guess.

http://vitamins.lovetoknow.com/Vitam...y_and_Dry_Skin

Comment

I use lanolin at night and cover my hands with cotton socks to sleep. I used Lansinoh brand when my kids were newborn and I had leftover tubes from then. I figure if it's safe enough for newborns to mouth, then it's safe enough to be on my hands. Works wonders on my feet too. But it is greasy.

Comment

I know your pain! I get dry to the point of cracks and bleeding, I have a little excema too.

Definitely drink more water. When they are starting to get bad I soak them in warm water for up to 15 minutes, dab hydrocortisone on the cracks (per Dr's orders), apply a thin layer of quality moisturizer (a lot were already mentioned) and then a thin layer of Vaseline or even Crisco, then put on my cotton gloves and go to sleep. My hands feel SO much better by the morning!

Good luck this winter!

Comment

All good advice, but sometimes all we do is not good enough I had to go and get a prescription for my hands when I couldn't stop the bleeding cracks and they kept getting infected. Worked wonders overnight!

Comment

Working...
          X