Shoes Policy.......DCM Didn't Liked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes Policy.......DCM Didn't Liked

I started to stop using shoes in my house after my baby born,sometimes we come in and take off.When I meet the dcm they all saw our shoes in the front door.I am freak clean I know...my floors is hardwood floors.At the beginning I told then I don't like to come in with shoes because the kids is crawling.This special mom she's coming with dirty boots I just watching....Today I told the parents to stop coming inside,one mom says I totally agree with you but the other one didn't liked I saw in her face...She said I will try...
    I let kids play outside they get dirty sometimes I don't mind...I sweep my floor every day........

I have a longer commercial grade carpet in my entry. No shoes beyond that point. It's even in my parent handbook.

I would tell the dcm that you're trying to keep it clean with (#) of little ones PLUS # of parents that come in/out daily.

For me, that would be 8 kids + 8 parents x 2 (drop off and pick up)= 32x cleaning up dirt from peoples shoes.

Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Comment

Too bad , dcm . Your house ,your rules! I also have a carpet in entry way and no shoes past that point. I tell parents shoes can trek in choking hazards and can be unsanitary. I love it when a parent comes on a tour and automatically takes their shoes off at the door without being asked! Besides , it 's customary in many cultures to take off shoes. Dcm needs to deal!

Comment

I have the commercial rug at my front door too! Those things work great!
        I have a sign posted on my front door requesting ALL guests to take off their shoes at the entry rug.
        And in my hb have worded it to say..... to keep unknown contaminants on the bottom of people's shoes from where we play on the floor.
        My mom's that were nurses whole heartedly agreed with this.

Comment

There's always gonna be something parents don't like, but hey, they need to respect your home and your rules.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
            I have a longer commercial grade carpet in my entry. No shoes beyond that point. It's even in my parent handbook.

I would tell the dcm that you're trying to keep it clean with (#) of little ones PLUS # of parents that come in/out daily.

For me, that would be 8 kids + 8 parents x 2 (drop off and pick up)= 32x cleaning up dirt from peoples shoes.

Ain't nobody got time for dat!
            Where did you get yours? I have a really hard time finding a good quality non skid rug for my entry way.

OP, I would stick to your guns. All my parents stay in my foyer and pick up from there so they don't drag dirt, mud and heaven knows what else in!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
              Where did you get yours?
              Sam's club has some 3'x5' water hog carpets that are only $25. (the cheapest I've found it)
              Lowe's has that at a higher price, larger sizes and more of a selection.
              Last edited by Blackcat31; 05-01-2014, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Lowes. I had it custom cut to my entry way. It was around $75, 2 years ago. My only "issue" is the corners roll up

Comment

I don't think that I could legally tell the parents they are not allowed to enter my home. I do have a rule that they have to stay in the entry way, which is just an area of thick peel and stick tiles. I mop the tiles as needed, and can replace them easily and cheaply as needed.

Comment

I would suggest putting a chair/ bench and a basket of shoe covers outside your front door. I can see why a parent would be upset that they couldnt come in your home when dropping their child off.

These shoe covers are great and they can be reused. we used them when i worked at a center in the infant room.
                    http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Skid-Safe...ds=shoe+covers

Comment

All kids must remove their shoes no exceptions is my rule after i had a sa kid track cow poop all over my house .
                      Parents usually stay in the foyer on the rug so i do not have have many issues with them.

Comment

Thank you for your replays,I was thinking I was mean with the parents...I am too good sometimes they take advantage...when I texted the mom she's said I hope you had nice weekend of course I had...but I have rules...

Comment

I second the shoe covers. You know they are clean. Not everyone has clean socks or feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                            I second the shoe covers. You know they are clean. Not everyone has clean socks or feet.
                            totally agree!

I'm a clean freak!

Trust me....most dcp's are embarrassed when you change their child's socks to a spare back up, because of how dirty the socks they wore to child care are on the bottom. I've never had a parent willing to admit they have a dirty house

And I don't care how mean I sound with having kids wear socks while in my care. I have seen some nasty foot fungus on children....hand-foot-mouth, peeling skin, fungus of the nails, impacted dirt under the nails, and stinky feet. No thank you, socks are a must! And if they are not adequate , I'm ok with changing them to the back up socks. It's all in my hb.

Oh! And prior to my "no shoes rule", also had a child step in dog poop before entering the child care. I will never forget having dh run to the store to rent a rug dr, him having to keep all the children entertained in the kitchen, while I carpet cleaned the entry room. Not fun!

Comment

Wow. I couldn't imagine walking in to someone's house and not taking off my shoes. Especially when I knew there were kids and crawlers around. I know it's a regional thing, but how disrespectful! You didn't do anything wrong, stick to your guns!

Comment

Working...
                              X