Suck It Up Princess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
    Fashion or laziness on the part of parents? My eldest granddaughter wears the same style of sock, but different colors. I can't imagine wearing a thick sports type sock with a thin ruffled sock.
    When you said style I thought you meant color and pattern. Two different socks entirely is something I haven't seen.
    Homeschooling Mama to:
    lovethis
    dd12
    ds 10
    dd 8

Comment

Originally posted by SquirrellyMama View Post
      A lot of kids aren't wearing matching socks right now. It seems to be the fashion of the moment.

Kelly
      Little Miss Matched sells stuff like that on purpose
      Attached Files

Comment

I only suggested a stroller as a last resort if the other kids getting park time depended on getting her there or not being able to. I don't even put 2 year olds in strollers very often so I'm with you on the 5 year old. But I also wouldn't make the rest stay in when I could get her there in a stroller pretty easily as a one time thing. I also meant if her feet were beyond walking on.

Glad it all worked out for you!

Comment

Originally posted by SquirrellyMama View Post
          A lot of kids aren't wearing matching socks right now. It seems to be the fashion of the moment.

Kelly

My granddaughter is 7 and quite the fashionista and told me that too.

Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaVaca View Post
            Little Miss Matched sells stuff like that on purpose
            I like the style. You don't have to worry about losing a mate anymore. ::

I also saw an expensive kiddie clothes catalog. Can't remember the name now but the prices are outrageous. All the clothes are mismatched and weird colors together. Anything goes.

Laurel

Comment

I've had blisters, band aids didn't really help, still something rubbing.and applying pressure on an already exposed wound. I'd probably skip the park today, so as to not cause further pain. If also let patents know we missed out on the park today because of those shoes. Yes, the shoes are inappropriate, but I wouldn't make the girl suffer. I'd just demand sneakers and socks from here out..

Comment

If her birthday happens to be coming up, find a pair of plain easy-on tennies for her, along with some glitter-paint and other bedazzling. Then, she can have comfy AND sparkly shoes for daycare. Or, suggest that to mom, maybe?

Comment

I am firm proper shoes or they dont play!!!!!!!

Comment

My lifesaver - Stash of extra shoes!

I have a huge stash of extra shoes. After kids coming in rain boots, dress shoes, shoes that are too small/too big or shoes that tie (6-8 kids all with tie shoes makes getting ready to go anywhere TIME-CONSUMING) I started a stash of extras. I just keep an eye out at yard sales/used stores. Now I can just go get an extra pair out when needed

Comment

You stick the bandaids on and call her parents to bring shoes and socks. next time to not let her in the door with those shoes. I would not keep the group home but since she can not walk if there is someone she could stay with then do it if no shoes before you leave.
                      It:: will wait

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
                        I'd put bandaids where there are blisters and let her suck it up. I'd probably also let the parents know via texts that dcg has blisters and either they need to being her appropriate shoes or she will have to wear those on the walk.

Originally posted by llpa View Post
                        and I would tell them you will need a pair of shoes for her to keep at your place
                        And socks.

Comment

Wondering if talked to the parents about this?

Comment

**** Update

I did talk to them, they're my neighbors and they live directly across the street from us. The Dad actually said , "ok" with an eye roll "I'm sure with a band aid she was fine". I love the kids, but DCM is very controlling and DCD is kind of an A$$. So it was about as I expected. DCG is enrolling into Kindergarten next year and I'll probably only have her for 3 half days. I'll miss her, but NOT THE PARENTS!

Comment

Working...
                            X