Suck It Up Princess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suck It Up Princess?

So... Dcg 5 shows up today in these bad boys (red glitter ballet flats) and shows me her blister. We all want to go to the park today and the 5 yr old princess can't possibly walk ALL THE WAY TO THE PARK in those shoes. DCP's... I understand the battle of the shoes in the morning. Let her wear the glitter, but bring appropriate shoes, for outside play time... Geesh! So do I have the dcg suck it up or stay back. I'm ready with band aids?!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by KDC View Post
    So... Dcg 5 shows up today in these bad boys (red glitter ballet flats) and shows me her blister. We all want to go to the park today and the 5 yr old princess can't possibly walk ALL THE WAY TO THE PARK in those shoes. DCP's... I understand the battle of the shoes in the morning. Let her wear the glitter, but bring appropriate shoes, for outside play time... Geesh! So do I have the dcg suck it up or stay back. I'm ready with band aids?!
    I'd put bandaids where there are blisters and let her suck it up. I'd probably also let the parents know via texts that dcg has blisters and either they need to being her appropriate shoes or she will have to wear those on the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
      I'd put bandaids where there are blisters and let her suck it up. I'd probably also let the parents know via texts that dcg has blisters and either they need to being her appropriate shoes or she will have to wear those on the walk.
      and I would tell them you will need a pair of shoes for her to keep at your place

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
        and I would let mom know you'll need a pair of appropriate play shoes to stay at your house if it happens again.

Comment

Absolutely use the band-aids. You need to get some of these glitter band-aids to use with glitter shoes
          Attached Files
          Homeschooling Mama to:
          lovethis
          dd12
          ds 10
          dd 8

Comment

bandaids and socks. those shoes need socks with them.
            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
              bandaids and socks. those shoes need socks with them.
              What happened to kids not wearing socks anymore? My 2 dcgs wear socks about 1/2 the time and when they do, they rarely match. I even gone as far as buying each one 12 pairs of matching socks for their birthdays/Christmas and they still don't even wear the same style at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                What happened to kids not wearing socks anymore? My 2 dcgs wear socks about 1/2 the time and when they do, they rarely match. I even gone as far as buying each one 12 pairs of matching socks for their birthdays/Christmas and they still don't even wear the same style at the same time.
                A lot of kids aren't wearing matching socks right now. It seems to be the fashion of the moment.

Kelly
                Homeschooling Mama to:
                lovethis
                dd12
                ds 10
                dd 8

Comment

Definitely band aids, socks, and a message to mom/dad about needing appropriate shoes for outside. Can she even run or climb in those?

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                    Must be the "in" thing. No one around here wears matching socks either. My dd wears one that goes to her calf-which she then pushes down to bunch up and one ankle sock. One is patterns with funky colors and the other is usually white or one solid color

Comment

My teens wear odd socks on purpose. It's cool? I've given up sorting socks and just put them all in a basket now since there are odds all the time.

If your DCG's feet are that bad I would even go so far as to stick her in a stroller to get her there and let her go barefoot or sit once we arrived. I would be texting/calling Mom or Dad and letting them know that this is the last day you will go out of your way to deal with her foot issues and that you would be calling them to come get her or bring proper footwear the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by SquirrellyMama View Post
                        A lot of kids aren't wearing matching socks right now. It seems to be the fashion of the moment.

Kelly
                        Fashion or laziness on the part of parents? My eldest granddaughter wears the same style of sock, but different colors. I can't imagine wearing a thick sports type sock with a thin ruffled sock.

Comment

We ask that parents keep a pair of comfy shoes and socks for their little ones here. I also have a ton of spare sandals and tennis shoes from when my daughter was younger or from others who have donated old shoes to us that we keep handy for situations like this. I would cover the blisters with band aids and if they are really bad, maybe skip the walk today? Wouldn't want a child to be in a lot of pain.

Comment

There was one blister that was the problem. I used a large size band aid since slippage and coverage of the little normal size band aids don't always work. I gave her an extra pair of socks and basically had the attitude of 'suck it up, buttercup'! LOL! She did fine, until the walk home I refuse to put a 5 yr. old in a stroller. The other 5 yr. old DCK's would not like that very much and would see it as special treatment, and DCG would wear them ALL THE TIME for the chariot ride to the park !

Comment

I don't understand putting your child in shoes that don't fit or are not appropriate. My daughter (5) is all about glitter and sparkle and cool, but we still find things that fit and she can play in! She has on a pair of pink glitter tennis shoes right now!
                              I would call mom or dad and tell them that they need to bring her some appropriate shoes, or just pick her up for the day. My rules say that if you can't participate in regular activities, you need to go home. To me, that includes being improperly dressed for activities.

Comment

Working...
                              X