Santa Claus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;58635]
    Not accepting children who are past a certain age is absolutely different than not accepting a child because the family isn't a "real Christian" family./QUOTE]

Gee I think you need glasses, because I wrote I wouldn't take athiests...

Comment

Please. Stop. Please. Everyone needs to cool off. Believe in who and what you will, and not chastize others for their beliefs. I don't think anyone can change anyones perspective in a converstation like this, it's only going to make the tension worse.

Step back please and think. Is it worth it to continue this? I don't think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by legomom922 View Post
        Since when does the word " was probably" mean your child is lying? I don't see anything here that suggests a child was lying to their mother!

Furthermore, the lies just keep coming! first mom is lying to little suzie, and the 11 yr old is telling the truth, but now is labled a troublemaker and now mom is lying to little suzie somemore by saying that the 11 yr old is lying, so now little suzie is not going to like the 11 yr old anymore because she lies....geez...no wonder God said "Thou shall not lie" it just creates bigger problems!
        um, suzy was the 11 year old in my analogy. i think that's where the misunderstanding came from. it's all good now. lego, let's drop it.

Comment

No glasses necessary

No different than only accepting kids over 3 yrs old..isn't that discrimination againist age?? And ah anyone who didnt believe in Jesus would never call me anyway because I advertise this is a real Christian daycare where nobody would get terminated because they said santa wasn't real, because everyone in my DC KNOWS HE ISN"T REAL!

Hmm, isn't lying to your kids about santa a sin? I mean isn't there a commandment that says "Thou shall not lie"? No where in Gods word does it say "Thou shall not lie, except about santa claus" I don't think Jesus would be too happy knowing that kids believe in santa more than they do him!
          This is where you compare age to religion. Yes, it's true that in another post you said that you wouldn't take atheists, but in this post you are comparing not taking a child based on age with not taking a child based on their family's religion.

You opened this can of worms. If you are going to have such strong opinions, you need to be ready to hear opposition.

Comment

Quali, maybe you can just remove this because it has above and beyond and people have been really hurt by this.. I also aplogize for miss reading your post.

Comment

May I suggest that no one bring up controversial topics? You asked for opnions, and you got them, weather you agreed with them or not. You were offended by that child, and I am offended by santa claus, and others are offended by Jesus. You also can't expect to come on here thinking your beliefs are going to line up with everyone elses either!

Comment

May I suggest that no one bring up controversial topics? You asked for opnions, and you got them, weather you agreed with them or not. You were offended by that child, and I am offended by santa claus, and others are offended by Jesus. You also can't expect to come on here thinking your beliefs are going to line up with everyone elses either!
                Okay I dont for the last time I just think everyone needs to respect other people's beliefs. So lets just drop this.

Comment

Uhhh Michael

So...Nan was being too "persona" but this is OK????? How does that work? It seems to me that if you are going to be calling Nan out publically, then you should definitely have something to say to leggomom?!

Good grief!

3kidsmom

ps: I actually am a member, I just forgot my login information.

Comment

Originally posted by DCMomOf3 View Post
                    Please. Stop. Please. Everyone needs to cool off. Believe in who and what you will, and not chastize others for their beliefs. I don't think anyone can change anyones perspective in a converstation like this, it's only going to make the tension worse.

Step back please and think. Is it worth it to continue this? I don't think it is.
                    Where is a begging smiley when you need one?

Comment

i said something to legomom. i told her to drop it. DCmom is another mod who has asked that it be dropped.

nikia created the thread and has now asked that it be dropped.

STOP.

Comment

I don't think anyone was offended by your feelings about Jesus; it was the mean spirited and judgemental way you presented yourself. I think you should take a moment to pray on it. I'm not being sarcastic, I really think you need to take a step back. Lots and lots of Christians share the Santa story with their children, it doesn't make you a better Christian because you don't.

I'm sure it is not your intent, however you are coming off as quite prideful.

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

3KidsMom

Comment

nevermind....

Comment

Originally posted by nikia View Post
                            And that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen if any one was turned away for their beliefs, at least in my state it is.
                            Ummm...yes, big time lawsuit. Not that I, as an atheist would put my daughter in a childcare where christianity was prominent, but if I wanted to, there could be a huge lawsuit for being turned away for our beliefs. Ok....i really need to leave this thread...sorry to OP, I just had to get that out.

Comment

well...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              So...Nan was being too "persona" but this is OK????? How does that work? It seems to me that if you are going to be calling Nan out publically, then you should definitely have something to say to leggomom?!

Good grief!

3kidsmom

ps: I actually am a member, I just forgot my login information.

I agree with you. Nan gets called out in a public forum for dispensing advice and Legomom gets to make some pretty inflammatory comments and just gets a vague "drop it". Way to be fair...

Comment

first of all, i am not michael. what happens between him and another poster is their business only. furthermore, i'm pretty confident when i say that nan is a big girl and can speak for herself.

lego didnt just get a vague drop it. myself, DCmom, and the OP have asked and then said for this to stop.

if you feel so strongly about discussions here, why not become a registered member and contribute positively as well.

the OP has gotten all the feedback she needs or wants from this thread. if you want to debate religion, PM each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X