Santa Claus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by legomom922 View Post
    So before you go jumping down the parents throat, you should find out why they dont believe in santa.
    Obviously Lianne you MISSED what I had actually said!!

And by the way, your kids would never be telling my kids that Jesus is not real, because I only accept Christians into my daycare, not ATHIESTS!!

Comment

Originally posted by daysofelijah View Post
      Lianne, get real, I think there is a big difference between Santa and Jesus.
      I agree! here some reasons why there is a BIG difference!

Why Jesus is Better than Santa Claus

Santa lives at the North Pole...
      JESUS is everywhere.

Santa rides in a sleigh...
      JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.

Santa comes but once a year...
      JESUS is an ever present help.

Santa fills your stockings with goodies...
      JESUS supplies all your needs.

Santa comes down your chimney uninvited...
      JESUS stands at your door and knocks, and then enters your heart when invited.

You have to wait in line to see Santa...
      JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.

Santa lets you sit on his lap...
      JESUS lets you rest in His arms.

Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is "Hi little boy or girl, what's your name?"...
      JESUS knew our name before we were born. Not only does He know our name, He knows our address too. He knows our history and future and He even knows how many hairs are on our heads.

Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly...
      JESUS has a heart full of love.

All Santa can offer is HO HO HO...
      JESUS offers health, help and hope.

Santa says "You better not cry"...
      JESUS says "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you."

Santa's little helpers make toys...
      JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and builds mansions.

Santa may make you chuckle but...
      JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.

While Santa puts gifts under your tree...
      JESUS became our gift and died on a tree... the cross.

We need to put Christ back in CHRISTmas, Jesus is still the reason for the season.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

Comment

That is AWESOME! I am going to copy that! It goes along with one of my biggest peeve...when people say "X" in place of Christ in christmas! I believed in Santa as a child (and so did my children) but along with some of the magic and fun of Christmas, we still ALWAYS knew exactly why we were celebrating the day. In regards to the original post....I think it was a sad situation that the older girl told the younger one. I still would have mentioned it to parent but I also feel that once your kid gets to school... they are gonna hear all sorts of things so we gotta just take them one at a time and whatever we choose to say to them depends on each child. Good luck and I am sorry that happened to your child. The other girl, even though she is 11, is also just a child and I feel bad for her that her mom or dad didn't talk with her about that type of thing. I let my kids believe in Santa, but they also knew not to ruin it for others when they got old enough. My daughter learned about oral sex on the bus when she was 7 from an 8th grader who liked to tell dirty jokes he heard from his dad.....like I said, they are gonna hear ALL kinds of stuff.

Comment

QUOTE]

Wow I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS FOR ADVICE AND SUPPORT THAT WAS HARSH.
          What is harsh is that you said you would terminate a child for saying santa isn't real!! Now is that Christlike??[/QUOTE]

First I never said I would term the child, that was someone else's post not that it really matters who said, if that is they way they feel than so be it.

Second this SA is not even supposed to be here, she is a drop-off once and the parents have taken advantage of and I am taking care of that issue.

Third if my children believe in something then I EXPECT my daycare families to RESPECT that. They DO NOT have to AGREE or Believe the same thing but they dang well better respect it.

So this what make America great and lots of daycares prosper all different views, beliefs, etc. Why cant you Leggomom Respect other people's beliefs? Really that is the issue that they did not respect what my children believe and yes I feel thats an issue.

Maybe if everyone learned to respect people and what they believe things would be better in this world. Example all of the Homosexual kids who had commited suicide because they were bullied and made fun of because they led a different life, not that it has anything to do with Santa clause but it does have to do with people that DISRESPECT other people.

Comment

And by the way, your kids would never be telling my kids that Jesus is not real, because I only accept Christians into my daycare, not ATHIESTS!!
            And that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen if any one was turned away for their beliefs, at least in my state it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
              That is AWESOME! I am going to copy that! It goes along with one of my biggest peeve...when people say "X" in place of Christ in christmas! I believed in Santa as a child (and so did my children) but along with some of the magic and fun of Christmas, we still ALWAYS knew exactly why we were celebrating the day. In regards to the original post....I think it was a sad situation that the older girl told the younger one. I still would have mentioned it to parent but I also feel that once your kid gets to school... they are gonna hear all sorts of things so we gotta just take them one at a time and whatever we choose to say to them depends on each child. Good luck and I am sorry that happened to your child. The other girl, even though she is 11, is also just a child and I feel bad for her that her mom or dad didn't talk with her about that type of thing. I let my kids believe in Santa, but they also knew not to ruin it for others when they got old enough. My daughter learned about oral sex on the bus when she was 7 from an 8th grader who liked to tell dirty jokes he heard from his dad.....like I said, they are gonna hear ALL kinds of stuff.

I know they will hear it at school, I know that soon enough she will have to "become the magic" as someone put for her younger sister and the little daycare kids. I was very nice to the mom and didnt blow up and I didnt say anything to the child, as I feel the same way that it is sad that her parents did not talk to her about such things. I just thing that parents need to teach thier children to respect other peoples beliefs and I dont think that any age is too young to teach respect in some way or another. Do we not tell a one year old " No Hit, Hitting hurts" That is how children learn. So when I tell my 7 year old some people dont believe but we do and we respect what other people believe and she gets it I do not think that is too much to ask of an eleven year old.

Anyway this post was not meant to make such harsh things come out next time I will ask the following : "DO YOU EXPECT YOUR DAYCARE FAMILIES AND THEIR CHILDREN TO RESPECT YOUR BELIEFS, NOT AGREE BUT RESPECT AND IF THEY DONT HOW DO YOU HANDLE THAT"

Thanks

Comment

Yikes

This is the type of comment that lawsuits are made of!!! Why in the world would you even make a remark like that?

In any case, is that really the kind of message that you want to send to the children in your care? I don't care how you dress it, that is teaching intolerance.

Comment

how could someone predict their child spilling the beans about santa? honestly, i don't think it's that big of a deal. yeah, i want my kids to believe in santa because it's fun. i also know that they are smart, they are skeptical, and telling that santa isn't real is what kids DO! kids told me santa wasn't real when i was young - my own siblings did. it didn't make me stop believing. it did make me try harder to catch him in action or bust my parents eating the cookies. heck, my siblings told me i was adopted. be thankful you're not having to convince her you're her mother.

you can't control what other people do. you teach your kids what you want them to know and believe and everyone isn't going to agree, but that's all you can do. you can't call everyone that ever tells your child something you don't want her to hear. you should be glad that your 7 year old believed as long as she has. if she's in school, i GUARANTEE this isn't the first time someone has said this to her. with christmas coming up, they probably talk about it all the time at school. the 9 year old turned 11 year old was probably just a scapegoat. she's heard it before and she's starting to wonder so instead of saying "mom, i don't think santa's real" it's "mom, suzy told me santa isn't real." it sounds more convincing that way. someone ELSE told me the truth! and someone older...she WANTS you to tell her suzy is lying, and you did. problem solved.

i just don't see what you expect from the parents. the "damage" has been done. the phone lines would blow up from overload if everyone called the parents of the child who told them santa wasnt real.

Comment

and my phone would be blowing up if the other kids had the statement in my home and yes I can control what my kids hear and say in MY home. And my child didnt make this kid the scapegoat she . So micheal let's close this thread as it has way over the point and is getting personal. . This is a horrible forum and I am out of here.
                    Last edited by nikia; 11-18-2010, 12:11 PM. Reason: taking out you called child lier I am sorry I read it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by nikia View Post
                      And that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen if any one was turned away for their beliefs, at least in my state it is.
                      No different than only accepting kids over 3 yrs old..isn't that discrimination againist age?? And ah anyone who didnt believe in Jesus would never call me anyway because I advertise this is a real Christian daycare where nobody would get terminated because they said santa wasn't real, because everyone in my DC KNOWS HE ISN"T REAL!

Hmm, isn't lying to your kids about santa a sin? I mean isn't there a commandment that says "Thou shall not lie"? No where in Gods word does it say "Thou shall not lie, except about santa claus" I don't think Jesus would be too happy knowing that kids believe in santa more than they do him!

Comment

when did i say your child is a liar? where did that come from? :confused:

i said she wants you to tell her that the child saying santa isn't real was lying, and you did.

Comment

Originally posted by nikia View Post
                          I feel the same way that it is sad that her parents did not talk to her about such things. I just thing that parents need to teach thier children to respect other peoples beliefs and I dont think that any age is too young to teach respect in some way or another.. So when I tell my 7 year old some people dont believe but we do and we respect what other people believe and she gets it I do not think that is too much to ask of an eleven year old.
                          You think it is sad that her parents didn't tell her not to tell your kids that santa isn't real??? Was that in your contract?? Did you tell this Mom when you interviewed her YOUR FEELINGS on santa?? if not, you don't have a leg to stand on!!

You think that these parents don't teach respect to their kids because the big lie about santa has been exposed?? How can you expect your child to learn about lying and how lying is wrong when you have been lying to her for years??

It's not too much for your child to respect what others believe, but it is TOO much when you go and call the parents on it!!! You will be calling every parent in school then and in your neighborhood!

Comment

ummmm...

No different than only accepting kids over 3 yrs old..isn't that discrimination againist age?? And ah anyone who didnt believe in Jesus would never call me anyway because I advertise this is a real Christian daycare where nobody would get terminated because they said santa wasn't real, because everyone in my DC KNOWS HE ISN"T REAL!

Hmm, isn't lying to your kids about santa a sin? I mean isn't there a commandment that says "Thou shall not lie"? No where in Gods word does it say "Thou shall not lie, except about santa claus" I don't think Jesus would be too happy knowing that kids believe in santa more than they do him!
                            I'm pretty sure that Jesus wouldn't be mad over kids believing in the magic of Santa Claus.

Not accepting children who are past a certain age is absolutely different than not accepting a child because the family isn't a "real Christian" family. That's like comparing apples to cheeseburgers. They aren't even remotely alike.

If lying is a sin, then consider the scope of your own sinning. Consider the following verse because it addresses your attitude.

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Judging others is just as bad as lying.

Comment

Originally posted by QualiTcare View Post
                              the 9 year old turned 11 year old was probably just a scapegoat. she's heard it before and she's starting to wonder so instead of saying "mom, i don't think santa's real" it's "mom, suzy told me santa isn't real." it sounds more convincing that way. someone ELSE told me the truth! and someone older...she WANTS you to tell her suzy is lying, and you did. problem solved.
                              Since when does the word " was probably" mean your child is lying? I don't see anything here that suggests a child was lying to their mother!

Furthermore, the lies just keep coming! first mom is lying to little suzie, and the 11 yr old is telling the truth, but now is labled a troublemaker and now mom is lying to little suzie somemore by saying that the 11 yr old is lying, so now little suzie is not going to like the 11 yr old anymore because she lies....geez...no wonder God said "Thou shall not lie" it just creates bigger problems!

Comment

Originally posted by QualiTcare View Post
                                when did i say your child is a liar? where did that come from? :confused:

i said she wants you to tell her that the child saying santa isn't real was lying, and you did.
                                I aplogize I read it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X