The Snow Is Making Me Desperate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melilley View Post
    Just little spots here and there. Yesterday I was outside grilling with no hat or gloves, but had to wear boots because of all the snow...
    We get made fun of a lot because we are year-round grillers.

We grill probably 4 out of 7 nights all year long.
    Most folks put their grills away for the season.

Grilling here has NO season.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      LOL!! We did the same thing yesterday....

,.....but it was for my cats.

They are desperate to get some outdoor time too so my DH and I shoveled out an area, they could walk in without sinking in all the snow. ::
      you must have chub chub kitty cats that sink- or soft snow- This made me laugh~ My kids go out in the snow and have a blast. We might not stay out long but they love it. I take everyone out and just bundle so long as it is not below 20 and that is going by the feels like temp- might be 29 but feels like 7 no we don't go out. Has to be at least feel like 20. I figure that is a good temp to go by. It would be one thing if I had to go somewhere then I would just do what I had to do and bundle bundle, but I don't so I picked that temp thinking it was a good basis to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
        I feel for all of you in cold climates. I remember that. I would have never thought of that though. It is such a great idea!

Laurel
        I would rather have the cold climate then deal with some of the critters you all have.......ick........did I say ick~

Comment

We had a gorgeous day yesterday (almost 50) and today about 45. We can see some grass in some parts, but mostly still snow. Our driveway is clear though so the kids were out yesterday on the driveway and then climbing the huge snow hills on the side of the driveway. Our backyard is off limits due to the lack of dog poop scooping that's been going on! We're not going out today though because of the lack of outside wear that people decided not to bring today. The one dcb who is 3 went home with soaking wet tennis shoes and socks yesterday because he didn't bring boots. Thought momma might figure that one out, but nope, came in same shoes today.

Comment

Originally posted by My3cents View Post
            you must have chub chub kitty cats that sink- or soft snow- This made me laugh~ My kids go out in the snow and have a blast. We might not stay out long but they love it. I take everyone out and just bundle so long as it is not below 20 and that is going by the feels like temp- might be 29 but feels like 7 no we don't go out. Has to be at least feel like 20. I figure that is a good temp to go by. It would be one thing if I had to go somewhere then I would just do what I had to do and bundle bundle, but I don't so I picked that temp thinking it was a good basis to go on.
            Yeah...he weighs almost 25lbs
            Last edited by Blackcat31; 10-12-2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
              Man, our snow is so compacted and crystal, you can't shovel it...but I raked a bunch down yesterday with my metal rake so that I could open and close my play yard gate again. A good 3 feet melted yesterday!happyface
              Here too. My problem now is ice. It got cold again today and now my patio is a sheet of ice from the melted snow. The rest of the snow left is so hard and compacted it is slippery. We went out for about 10 minutes only today because the kids kept slipping on the snow and falling. I had to walk each kid across the ice to get them back inside. ***!!

Comment

Forget the grass we saw earlier in the week, it is now covered in a foot of snow.

Comment

Working...
                X