The Snow Is Making Me Desperate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Snow Is Making Me Desperate...

It's finally above freezing, a glorious 45 degrees, but our backyard is still covered in 3 to 4-foot snow mounds that haven't yet melted. I was so desperate to give the cooped up kids some outdoor play space (they are too little to walk in such deep snow) that I shoveled out two big play zones... Imagine clearing 3-foot deep snow (shoveled all the way to the ground) in two 5-foot sections! We now have our sensory table and picnic table outside, a zone for pushing big trucks, and serving spoons and muffin tins stuck in the snow banks that I couldn't remove. I am sore today! So worth it.

I am totally impressed!!! Enjoy your outside time today!!

Comment

Awesome!
      It's finally warm here too. Iactually can see some grass, but we have snow piles too. I spent my time outside looking for dog poo...yuck. My dd is supposed to pick it up everyday, but with all the fast storms, it just kept getting buried. Or she just didn't do a good job, probably a mix of both.

Comment

Originally posted by preschoolteacher View Post
        It's finally above freezing, a glorious 45 degrees, but our backyard is still covered in 3 to 4-foot snow mounds that haven't yet melted. I was so desperate to give the cooped up kids some outdoor play space (they are too little to walk in such deep snow) that I shoveled out two big play zones... Imagine clearing 3-foot deep snow (shoveled all the way to the ground) in two 5-foot sections! We now have our sensory table and picnic table outside, a zone for pushing big trucks, and serving spoons and muffin tins stuck in the snow banks that I couldn't remove. I am sore today! So worth it.
        LOL!! We did the same thing yesterday....

,.....but it was for my cats.

They are desperate to get some outdoor time too so my DH and I shoveled out an area, they could walk in without sinking in all the snow. ::

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          LOL!! We did the same thing yesterday....

,.....but it was for my cats.

They are desperate to get some outdoor time too so my DH and I shoveled out an area, they could walk in without sinking in all the snow. ::
          Haha that's hilarious! A DCD told me he also did the same yesterday for his dog!

Comment

i wouldn't mind giving you some of our 80 degree weather! I can totally share...and i definitely don't need any snow in return, maybe just some clear 70 degree weather.
            Its only march....man, summer is going to suck. We are getting a new air conditioner on sat because we almost need to turn it on already.

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
              i wouldn't mind giving you some of our 80 degree weather! I can totally share...and i definitely don't need any snow in return, maybe just some clear 70 degree weather.
              Its only march....man, summer is going to suck. We are getting a new air conditioner on sat because we almost need to turn it on already.
              Ahhhhh Nevada....it's a dry heat at least.
              Would you like me to send you some oppressive humidity from the Sunshine State? How about some hurricanes?::

Good job getting them outside preschoolteacher!

Comment

Originally posted by melilley View Post
                Awesome!
                It's finally warm here too. Iactually can see some grass, but we have snow piles too. I spent my time outside looking for dog poo...yuck. My dd is supposed to pick it up everyday, but with all the fast storms, it just kept getting buried. Or she just didn't do a good job, probably a mix of both.
                You can see grass???????? Lucky duck!

Comment

We could see grass for the first time starting this weekend, and a lot today.... and tomorrow night we are supposed to have a snowstorm.

Comment

I feel for all of you in cold climates. I remember that. I would have never thought of that though. It is such a great idea!

Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by Trummynme View Post
                      You can see grass???????? Lucky duck!
                      Just little spots here and there. Yesterday I was outside grilling with no hat or gloves, but had to wear boots because of all the snow...

Comment

Originally posted by preschoolteacher View Post

We do this too! Makes it possible for us to get outside and move around!

My husband snow-blowed a maze throughout the yard about a month ago and we keep it shoveled. The kids love it for running and pushing their cars!

Comment

It was 65 degrees here yesterday. It was glorious! Our yard is unfortunately now a lake with mud pits here and there along with some leftover ice.

Cannot wait for spring/summer.

Kelly
                          Homeschooling Mama to:
                          lovethis
                          dd12
                          ds 10
                          dd 8

Comment

Man, our snow is so compacted and crystal, you can't shovel it...but I raked a bunch down yesterday with my metal rake so that I could open and close my play yard gate again. A good 3 feet melted yesterday!happyface

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyMom View Post

We do this too! Makes it possible for us to get outside and move around!

My husband snow-blowed a maze throughout the yard about a month ago and we keep it shoveled. The kids love it for running and pushing their cars!
                              Ooooh good idea! I have never thought of that!

Comment

Working...
                              X