What Does This Mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
    Oh wow, that IS bad! We have one called Lil Rascals...no thanks. Both Kurtain Klimbers and Lil Rascals sounds like they don't respect children as little people but more like wild and out of control brats. Not to mention words not spelled correctly seems a little odd...not cute to me, IMHO.

I personally don't like daycares that use the word Academy. Just a personal thing. To me, it suggests that they will pressure children into academics rather than concentrating on play.
    I don't think Little Rascals is too bad. It just reminds me of the movie (which used to be a TV Series). I always saw the term as more playful ("oh, you little rascal, you."), though I know its sometimes used to mean a child who is a trouble maker. I just think of kids that have active imaginations and that sometimes do get into trouble but what kid doesn't. When I was a kid I loved the Rugrats (similar term to Rascal) and once thought about it for a daycare name once (less than second) but thought that it would sound like a bad term to call kids- like Ankle Biters.

For my daycare I was thinking about using Academy but only for the preschool program aspect- it just means a place of learning. If I did use that the initials for my preschool program would be SPA (S_____ Preschool Academy).

Comment

Originally posted by Starburst View Post
      I don't think Little Rascals is too bad. It just reminds me of the movie (which used to be a TV Series). I always saw the term as more playful ("oh, you little rascal, you."), though I know its sometimes used to mean a child who is a trouble maker. I just think of kids that have active imaginations and that sometimes do get into trouble but what kid doesn't. When I was a kid I loved the Rugrats (similar term to Rascal) and once thought about it for a daycare name once (less than second) but thought that it would sound like a bad term to call kids- like Ankle Biters.

For my daycare I was thinking about using Academy but only for the preschool program aspect- it just means a place of learning. If I did use that the initials for my preschool program would be SPA (S_____ Preschool Academy).
      I wouldn't go with Rugrats or Ankle Biters either but they are funny. ::

Laurel

Comment

Working...
      X