Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Love Most About Being a CCP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
    I can only have 5 or 6 FT kids and 2 school aged kids. Last year I grossed over 40 grand and this year will probably be closer to 50. I feel that's a perfectly good salary especially since I'm not spending a good chunk of it putting two kids in after school day care or summer care. In my area most people with advanced degrees are making between 50-70 grand, but also are spending a lot of that money on child care, gas, meals out, professional wardrobes, etc.

Now, when my accountant is done, it will look as though my net income is under 10 grand but that's a GOOD thing.
    Originally posted by Familycare71 View Post
    Ummm- want to share how your making that!?! Lol- I gross about $25,000 a year. I'm in upstate too!
    I grossed about 60k this year. I haven't done my taxes yet and didn't total everything.

I am in central NY. Rates are a bit higher here than surrounding areas (unless you go illegal and/or unlicensed).

Comment

Originally posted by Familycare71 View Post
      Ummm- want to share how your making that!?! Lol- I gross about $25,000 a year. I'm in upstate too!
      I charge on the higher end for my area, but I also offer transportation to "real" preschool as part of my service (if you can't beat'em, join'em ) I've been completely full for the last few years - and I typically get paid regardless of attendance. But a huge help was that I was bumped to tier I reimbursement for the food program. I went from getting maybe just over a hundred a month to almost $500
      I had thought it was because my whole area was low income, but apparently just my road?! I don't understand how they came to this because I'm in a development and most of my neighbors are professionals - my very next door neighbor works for the NY Times, we have lawyers, doctors, etc. :confused:
      Sorry for the ramble but that is how

Comment

What I Love Most

New poster here- Hi everyone!

The smiles & laughter of children (Honestly, isn't that why we all do this? )
        Teaching them new skills and concepts (Their light bulb moments, as many of you have agreed with!)

When you can be productive as well as relaxed during nap times
        When you can feel satisfied being there for your household, in addition to being there for the kids who learn with you five days a week

And, of course:
        Getting paid to act like a kid yourself *when appropriate, of course
        Kids are my life!
        Our anniversary 2/9/08 <3
        Adopt/foster in 2015 lovethis
        Become home daycare owners by 2016!
        Avid gamer (and wife of one)

Comment

(also skipping all the things I love about the children I watch)

After working for children's non-profit orgs, preschool, early childhood development centers, and schools.....I LOVE being my own boss!!! There is something about having control of your own destiny.

I also love that I get to be home and available to my children.

I love that I don't have to pay someone else to watch my children.

My husband has a new work schedule and we get to spend extra time together in the mornings with the kids. I love that I have the flexibility to rearrange the kids schedule so we can just chill, play with the kids and have coffee during that time. If I worked a regular job, we wouldn't see each other for 12+ hours, 5 days a week!

As the new provider in town, I love hearing about how awesome THAT new provider is. They've seen my FB page, read the testimonials, and talked to my DCPs(small town), but don't really know it is me yet. ::

Comment

I love being home. I don't have children but its nice to be here.

I like the money. I make more than I would at any other job I could have right by now.

I love that I can do school even if its only night school. I couldn't make the money I do and be able to go to school.

I love doing things with the kids I know they will remember forever.

Comment

Working...
            X