Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Love Most About Being a CCP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Love Most About Being a CCP?

It is that tough time of year where a lot of us are feeling extra stress, so I thought I'd start a thread about the GREATEST things about being a CCP!

I love that over time, I get to watch children that I have loved and nurtured grow into young adults!

I love that I get to sing and dance to songs that I make up and the children laugh and they don't think I'm nuts!

I love witnessing children offer random acts of kindness to others. lovethis

How about you?

Almost forgot, I really love story time!

Comment

Originally posted by drseuss View Post
      It is that tough time of year where a lot of us are feeling extra stress, so I thought I'd start a thread about the GREATEST things about being a CCP!

I love that over time, I get to watch children that I have loved and nurtured grow into young adults!

I love that I get to sing and dance to songs that I make up and the children laugh and they don't think I'm nuts!

I love witnessing children offer random acts of kindness to others. lovethis

How about you?
      I LOVE being my own boss, plus seeing the efforts of my work through the years as children grow into adulthood. Some come back to see me, and some I see in the local newspaper getting married/ job promotions/military credentials, etc..... It is a wonderful feeling to see a grown child out somewhere say to those around "hey everyone this is Ms. ____, she took care of me". Makes my heart proud!

Comment

When they master a skill, or learn a new concept, that light bulb moment where their eyes light up and they look at me. Yup, that's my 'it' moment. Especially this week.

Comment

I love being a child care provider because of the money.

I know.

But it's true.

I also love being my own boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

I know.

But it's true.

Ditto

Comment

Money and working from home.
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

(I am skipping the "I love kids" stuff.... I also love watching wildlife in their natural habitats, but I have not figured out a way to make a living doing that. )

I love being home for my own kids everyday.

I love that I make almost what I made outside of the home Monday-Friday, minus all the expenses of travel.

I love the tax deductions.

I love having dinner on the table, laundry done and a clean house the very minute I am off work everyday.

I love not having to do any housework on the weekends.

I love that my marriage is strong because I have time and energy left every night and weekend.

I love that I am able to set the tone for my day.

I love that I get to chose who I work with.

I could go on but you get the idea....
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                  (I am skipping the "I love kids" stuff.... I also love watching wildlife in their natural habitats, but I have not figured out a way to make a living doing that. )

I love that I make almost what I made outside of the home Monday-Friday, minus all the expenses of travel.

I love having dinner on the table, laundry done and a clean house the very minute I am off work everyday.

Everything she said!!!happyface

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post

I love that my marriage is strong because I have time and energy left every night and weekend.

Wow- that's quite an uplifting list. I agree with all of the above, except having energy for my marriage...still working on that

Comment

Nap time

Comment

Originally posted by mrsmichelle View Post
                        Wow- that's quite an uplifting list. I agree with all of the above, except having energy for my marriage...still working on that
                        Please note my kids are teens, now.

Self feeding, cleaning, driving and even self financed, occasionally.

It will come. :hug:

* I had deleted the marriage line (then reworded it) from the first draft of my post because it sounded somehow raunchy in it's original wording.. :::: It was a difficult point to convey politely for some reason...
                        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

I know.

But it's true.

I am sure if any of us didn't HAVE to work, we would NOT! ::

Comment

If I knew how to highlight and quote, I would quote BlackCat!!! :: annnnd the lightbulb going off thing too, haha

Comment

As a former center-based pre-k teacher, I adore being my own boss. I love deciding what children I will take/keep/etc. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that the cleaning I do all day long means my house is clean at the end of the day! I love that I get paid every week and 4 times more than I did as a pre-k teacher since I don't have childcare costs of my own... and I have 1/4 of the number of kids in home daycare that I had in the center by myself!

I love giving children the freedom in their environment to learn and play naturally where a lot of their parents' don't.

I love that going toy shopping and garage sale hunting is part of my job

And I enjoy listening to kids' tunes all day long, singing and dancing like an idiot as the kids think I am the most awesome singer/dancer EVER

Comment

Working...
                              X