Parent Pleaser Valentine Craft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
    I'm doing nothing for the parents. The kids are making crafts each day this week (open ended art with themed supplies), we are having a party and treats and they are handing out valentines. It's enough, imo. We do parent crafts for Fathers Day, Mothers Day and Christmas.
    Yep, this.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
      I'm doing nothing for the parents. The kids are making crafts each day this week (open ended art with themed supplies), we are having a party and treats and they are handing out valentines. It's enough, imo. We do parent crafts for Fathers Day, Mothers Day and Christmas.
      Same here.
      My kids already made Valentine's Day cards for their loved ones. The older ones (4/5) spelled out words on their cards and envelopes (Mommy, Daddy, and I love you) and were quite proud.

Comment

We are going with "One for you, One for me, Valentine". (along with a classic handprint/doily/construction paper Valentine Card)

Birdseed Valentines to share with the birds, Mini-Cheesecake Valentines to share with Mommy & Daddy. lovethis
        Attached Files
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
          We are going with "One for you, One for me, Valentine". (along with a classic handprint/doily/construction paper Valentine Card)

Birdseed Valentines to share with the birds, Mini-Cheesecake Valentines to share with Mommy & Daddy. lovethis
          Oh my! Those cheesecake things look fabulous!!

I wonder if they "mail" easily?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            Oh my! Those cheesecake things look fabulous!!

I wonder if they "mail" easily?
            I don't know about mailing, but they are easy to make. The recipe is on the box of Philly cream cheese.... Just make them in cupcake liners instead.

I do the initial mixing, then the kids get to "re-mix" theirs in a small bowl before filling their tins. The kids eat the ones they make, the parents receive some of the ones I make....

The drizzle is hersheys kisses, a coffee cup, a micro-wave and a spoon. Real technical... ::::

We are going to put a couple red hot hearts on top, too...lovethis
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Everyone has put me to shame! We made salt dough hearts & for some reason I thought I'd put them on a cake rack thing in the oven to dry; now they look like waffle fries on one side. My heart waffles for you? My love is ridge-ed? Ack!

Comment

We've done borax snowflakes before! I always tell the kiddos it take a few days because some of them don't always turn out and that gives me time to remake them!

Comment

I made one Borax heart today and it looks great. Dh suggested sugar..going to do more later.

Comment

My test borax heart didn't turn out. After 24 hours, it has exactly 3 crystals on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                      No, I haven't tried them yet but do want to do a trial one just in case they aren't as cool as the ones in the pictures.

I'll do one tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.

As for the thumb prints, I saw this and thought it was a cool idea:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/554998354049182275/
                      we are making this into a wind chime. we will use all 5 fingers on hearts...

Comment

Love all of these ideas!
                        My kids and I made some raspberry freezer jam today just for fun, and it occurred to me (duh!) that it'd be a perfect vday gift for the parents! Fill a jar, tie on a tag with a pink handprint and voila
                        Last edited by Oss_cc; 02-11-2014, 04:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Last edited by Blackcat31; 02-12-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I will probably do something like the handprint one above. All the others are cute and stuff but when you have a 2 and under crowd its just not them doing any of it - its ME making 5 votive holders or ME making borax hearts, etc. At least a handprint/footprint craft requires some input from the little ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                              At least a handprint/footprint craft requires some input from the little ones.
                              Try this with the little ones. I did this last year and the parents loved it!

A couple had them framed.

Comment

Originally posted by Naptime yet? View Post
                                Everyone has put me to shame! We made salt dough hearts & for some reason I thought I'd put them on a cake rack thing in the oven to dry; now they look like waffle fries on one side. My heart waffles for you? My love is ridge-ed? Ack!
                                I love you a "waffle" lot!

You're sweeter than syrup!

Comment

Working...
                                X