"We Are NOT Equals!!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
    I bet it won't surprise you to know that reply was taken (more than a few times, actually).... ::::::

One of my favorites was "you is kind..... you is smart..... you is important...."
    Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
      If a parent said that to me, I'd let them know that I DO have an education, and I DID have a career that meant the world to me before my son came along. My son meant more to me than any amount of money, the chance at daily adult contact, going to work to have someone else tell me what to do, or the "power" that I had at my job. I would tell that parent that I stay home with my child because I love him too much to drop him off at a stranger's home 10+ hours a day, and because I couldn't bear the thought of that stranger experiencing all of those important milestones in his life. I wanted to be the one to shape him, teach him his letters and numbers, and be there for illnesses and boo-boos.

I stay home because being a PARENT is the most important job in the world, and I'm not selfish enough to leave him with others. I truly believe that kids belong at home with Mommy or Daddy the first years of their life, and I wanted him to have what he DESERVED, not what I WANTED. I'd let her know that we are NOT equals, because it's obvious that I'm the better parent-I'm able to put his needs before my own.

Comment

Well let's see.. "I pay YOU. You work for ME. You could not hack it in a field that requires even a high school diploma"

If someone actually said that to me?? wow... no problem...

I used to work for you, but I hereby quit. You may take your child and hire someone else to work for you tomorrow.
        Chief cook, bottle washer & spider killer...

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
          As I was scrolling through some posts on a board I once frequented I came across this comment written as an "unsent letter to my child's babysitter"...

"Don't dare try to give me advice about my OWN child! Who do you think you are? We are not equals. Your clue should be that I pay YOU. You work for ME. You could not hack it in a field that requires even a high school diploma, that is why you are an adult babysitter to begin with."

There are a little over 300 replies right now.... It was fun.

My reply was "Awww, I am sure you are pretty, too." (the context was a vent and the OP had a strong sense of humor about herself)

What would yours be.... TGIF!!!
          My response would be: "That is not worthy of a response. Goodbye. Don't come back."

Laurel

Comment

Working...
          X