Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by butterfly View Post

shoes with shoe laces that can't just be slipped on and off a child
    :: It's funny how much we all do things differently.

I DO NOT allow shoes that don't have laces. If they slip on and off the child, they aren't allowed.

ALL shoes MUST tie and tie securely. I actually prefer shoes like the Converse ones that BrooklynM mentioned.

Comment

Parents who do everything for their child... I finally got a 4 year old to put on his own shoes and socks and jacket and pull up his own pants. Just to have at pick up him sit down for mom to put on his shoes and socks and jacket after i told him he needed to do it.

Yup! I have one just like it. Mostly independent with me and just about completely helpless when mom or dad walk in.

Comment

Parents that over analyze everything and expect me to be their therapist, pediatrician and life coach at closing time.

Parents that ask their children to leave my home with them and watch as their child runs wild instead of telling them it's time to go. Love that 2nd round of clean up time for me!

Comment

Being a back up sitter when normal sitter is out and EVERY TIME dcg comes she has a green snotty running nose. And EVERY TIME she gets all my regular kids sick :-/ we haven't had any sickness in my house since our summer colds and she was here last Thursday and now every one is cranky and green snotty noses with a croupy cough!!! This happens every time!!!!

Comment

I'm noticing a pattern here...parents
            Disrespecting my schedule is my current top annoyance, but also inappropriate clothing (size, weather, etc.), and bringing sick children. I agree with PP about the noise. It comes with the territory but gee whiz! Some kids need a volume button!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

I DO NOT allow shoes that don't have laces. If they slip on and off the child, they aren't allowed.

ALL shoes MUST tie and tie securely. I actually prefer shoes like the Converse ones that BrooklynM mentioned.
              Do you double knot them? The issue I have with them is having to tie them/untie them for every diaper change, nap, etc. Maybe you have a trick? I like the way they fit and can run around in them, but constantly having to tie and untie takes so much time and frustration when you have a wiggle worm!

Comment

Parents that bring the child after the meal and tell you they haven't eate as they walk out the door.

Parents that don't provide spare clothes or warm outdoor gear.

Child that is a cesspool of snot. ( I get that he's a baby, teething and can't help it but I still don't like it!)
                I see little people.

Comment

I'm guessing I know the reason:

You do childcare in a house separate from your own, one that's not quite as precious to you as your living room, and I bet your kiddos leave their shoes on in the building. ?

Comment

Coming in with dirty faces, hands and ears, daily.

And I'm really trying to get over this one and not care, but I'm finding it difficult....bringing your child EVERY day that you have off while bro. gets to stay home (sometimes the whole family is home, but dcb)

Lying...by parents (I've caught one dcm in lies, but haven't confronted her, she doesn't know I know)

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynM View Post
                      Do you double knot them? The issue I have with them is having to tie them/untie them for every diaper change, nap, etc. Maybe you have a trick? I like the way they fit and can run around in them, but constantly having to tie and untie takes so much time and frustration when you have a wiggle worm!
                      I only double know if the shoe laces are long. Otherwise, I just tie them. Tie them tight. I haven't had any issues with them.

The newer converse that have nylon or rounded laces DO come untied a lot.

I prefer the old school flat laces. They stay tied well.

I only have 3 kids in diapers and I don't need to remove the shoes for each diaper change because we only wear shoes outside in the summer and fall.

Winter requires snow boots
                      Spring requires puddle or mud boots

Originally posted by Heidi View Post

You do childcare in a house separate from your own, one that's not quite as precious to you as your living room, and I bet your kiddos leave their shoes on in the building. ?
                      Nope. No shoes allowed in the house. Not even by me.

I wear slippers as do some of the kids but other than that, everyone wears socks inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post

I was guessing it was to teach them to tie- and they fit better then shoes the kids can just pull off.

For me telling my parents what kind of shoes the child must have would not work. I do tell a parent when shoes don't fit the child right and am learning to let the parents put shoes on like that when they come to pick up the child instead of helping them be ready for the parent. One parent tells me oh they are great because they stay on and keep the snow out. They are torture to put on the child, so if you don't mind that struggle you can put them on the child at pick up, the end of the day when your tired and just want to go home. UGH- I don't mind velcro- best invention ever for kids shoes. Come summer as much as I don't like flip flops for kids the parents will send them anyway- I try to enforce on this one for safety. Tie verses velcro, no I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by melilley View Post
                          Coming in with dirty faces, hands and ears, daily.

And I'm really trying to get over this one and not care, but I'm finding it difficult....bringing your child EVERY day that you have off while bro. gets to stay home (sometimes the whole family is home, but dcb)

Lying...by parents (I've caught one dcm in lies, but haven't confronted her, she doesn't know I know)
                          I vacuum in the morning before arrivals. I dislike it when a kid comes in with commute food crumbs and tracks them through out. We eat only in the kitchen so food other places besides the kitchen esp after my morning clean up just irritates me. Plus I want that scone!!! ::

I can relate to a lot of these. All good-

My biggest PP is parents that don't just pick up and go home, esp when it is the last kiddo of the day. I want to end my work day! My 2nd biggest one is when the kiddo's act up when someone else comes in, another parent, visitor etc... Annoyances all of them, fun to read that others struggle with these too

Comment

Originally posted by My3cents View Post
                            I vacuum in the morning before arrivals. I dislike it when a kid comes in with commute food crumbs and tracks them through out. We eat only in the kitchen so food other places besides the kitchen esp after my morning clean up just irritates me. Plus I want that scone!!! ::

I can relate to a lot of these. All good-
                            Yep, I found chewed up slobbery raisins on my entrance rug this morning...from the messy faced child.

I do have one dcp who shares with me....scones even..

Comment

Oh man! I HATE shoes that they kids cannot put on themselves or that I have trouble putting on them!
                              Im all for the velcro and slip-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
                                Co-sleeping parents
                                Parents who say they are starting sleep training but drop off and said they brought ****** in bed with them around 4:45

Comment

Working...
                                X