What Are Your Pet Peeves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Your Pet Peeves?

Parents who dress their children in clothes and shoes that are waaaay too small. Makes it difficult to change diapers and dress them. Especially when a 2 yr old is wearing jeans with a snap and zipper.....

parents expecting me to do all the work. ihave 6 other kids to take care of. not happening

Comment

Adults who chew with their mouth open
      Not using a turning signal
      Littering
      .... oh .... daycare pet peeves

#1 is parents who choose not to discipline their children.

Comment

Being forced to do Adult Care during Child Care hours.....

Ok , doing Adult Care in general....:: Read your handbook. Browse the FAQ's. Scroll through the online versions if you lost your copies. It is all in there. Yes, "Client" or "Parent" means YOU, too, not just the other clients or parents.

I refuse to go to a picture menu....

Adding: Having to play a game of "Chocolate or Poop?" before sunrise. C'mon, I serve a huge hot breakfast every day... keep the chocolate cookie bribes for on the way home. Please.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

When the dcparents don't shut the door - I am either trying to heat this place up or cool it down so SHUT. THE. DOOR.

Also dcparents who step off of the entry rug with their wet feet and get the floor wet/dirty/muddy. I have babies (their babies sometimes) crawling through that.

Comment

I have a dcg (age 7) who is one of the rudest kids I have ever met. Dcm is literally picking at the manners of an almost 2 yr old. It's growing increasingly difficult to bite my tongue when she should practice what she preaches!

Comment

ANY conversation that begins with

"I know it's against policy but...."

or

"It'll just be this one time...."

or

"Could you do me a favor...."

or

"I didn't think you'd mind but..."

or

"Can I pay you (any other date other than payday)"

Comment

Parents who can't/don't discipline their children, especially when it gets to the point that it endangers other children.

Comment

Depends on the day.

Today? It's parents keeping their baby home for an extra day over the weekend, and bringing them back broken.

High need baby, 7 months, was doing AWESOME the last 2 weeks. Sleeping, eating, playing...happy happy happy.

Today is another story Oh...and questions about what his patterns were this weekend are met with vague answers like "he took short naps". Wow, that's helpful.

Comment

Co-sleeping parents
                    I see little people.

Comment

Converse shoes.... I wear them myself, but hate putting them on the DCKs!

Comment

Parents who don't discipline or teach their kids manners/respect.

New one this week ... showing up at the same time I have to leave to bring my daughter to kindergarten and still wanting to chat ... sorry G2G!

Comment

The uncertainty of continued employment.

Comment

Parents who dont discipline thier children.

Parents who do everything for their child... I finally got a 4 year old to put on his own shoes and socks and jacket and pull up his own pants. Just to have at pick up him sit down for mom to put on his shoes and socks and jacket after i told him he needed to do it.

I know this comes with the job but mouth noises same 4 year old is making sounds constantly and it kills me.

Comment

I must have a lot of pet peeves... with every response I read I was nodding my head in agreement!

and changing diapers when a child is wearing bib overalls (without the leg snaps) and then a snapped onsie underneath. Or better yet potty training a child in the same attire.

shoes with shoe laces that can't just be slipped on and off a child

Comment

Working...
                              X