No announcement yet.

Help With This Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am absolutely ready to term as soon as my new DCK starts. Please help with the term letter? I want them to know the reason I'm letting them go is because of moms disrespect and demands for special treatment.

I know it's my fault...I am allowing this to happen because I need the money (which I really do, ATM my enrollment is down because I just had a baby and we are paying off a large amount of hospital bills due to my son being in the NICU and children's hospital for a week). I want to have a letter ready for as soon as mid February rolls around I'm giving them notice!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I am absolutely ready to term as soon as my new DCK starts. Please help with the term letter? I want them to know the reason I'm letting them go is because of moms disrespect and demands for special treatment.

I know it's my fault...I am allowing this to happen because I need the money (which I really do, ATM my enrollment is down because I just had a baby and we are paying off a large amount of hospital bills due to my son being in the NICU and children's hospital for a week). I want to have a letter ready for as soon as mid February rolls around I'm giving them notice!
      I hope you didn't think I was being harsh because I meant everything I said with a kind heart but seriously Hun, this lady is walking all over you and I am steaming mad FOR you!!!!

If I were you and you are ready to term, I would simply hand her a letter that says

Dear DCP

This is written notice of termination of our child care arrangements.

Over the last few weeks, it has become increasingly clear that my program is not the right fit for your needs.

The last day I am willing to provide care is xxxxx, 2014.

Enclosed is the number to the local Child Care Resource and Referral to aid you in finding care arrangements that better suit your needs.

Sincerely,

Provider.

I would NOT negotiate or discuss anything more with her and if you feel she is going to be tough to deal with the final few days/weeks (whatever your requirements are) I would term on the spot for outright disrespect.

I sure hope this comes to a close quickly and soon for your sake.

This women has me bent out of shape and I am pretty hard to piss off.

Comment

You are a kind-hearted-soul. Don't think any amount of money would make me keep this parent.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          I hope you didn't think I was being harsh because I meant everything I said with a kind heart but seriously Hun, this lady is walking all over you and I am steaming mad FOR you!!!!

If I were you and you are ready to term, I would simply hand her a letter that says

Dear DCP

This is written notice of termination of our child care arrangements.

Over the last few weeks, it has become increasingly clear that my program is not the right fit for your needs.

The last day I am willing to provide care is xxxxx, 2014.

Enclosed is the number to the local Child Care Resource and Referral to aid you in finding care arrangements that better suit your needs.

Sincerely,

Provider.

I would NOT negotiate or discuss anything more with her and if you feel she is going to be tough to deal with the final few days/weeks (whatever your requirements are) I would term on the spot for outright disrespect.

I sure hope this comes to a close quickly and soon for your sake.

This women has me bent out of shape and I am pretty hard to piss off.
          No, you weren't too harsh! You were honest and I appreciate that! This woman is taking advantage of me and playing on my emotions and blaming my new baby for the quality of her daughters care going down. Quality of care has not gone down! This kid doesn't want to be here bc mom doesn't want her to be here. In one of her texts she said she even considered quitting her job to stay home because of the stress my daycare is putting on her family is not worth it. Lol, that's the whole plan is to make daycare look increasingly worse to her SO so she can stay home. Problem is she's tearing me, my business, and my family down in the process.

Comment

No, you weren't too harsh! You were honest and I appreciate that! This woman is taking advantage of me and playing on my emotions and blaming my new baby for the quality of her daughters care going down. Quality of care has not gone down! This kid doesn't want to be here bc mom doesn't want her to be here. In one of her texts she said she even considered quitting her job to stay home because of the stress my daycare is putting on her family is not worth it. Lol, that's the whole plan is to make daycare look increasingly worse to her SO so she can stay home. Problem is she's tearing me, my business, and my family down in the process.
            You know what, I am not an instigator, but I wouldn't be able to stop myself in this situation.

When dad comes, I would ask him for a minute of his time. If possible, have dcg out of earshot (an older child or dh would be handy at this time). Then, I would say. "Look, we have a problem. I adore dcg, and I've always gotten along great with you. But, lately, things have been really bad with (wife's name). I'd like to show you something". Then, show him the texts. "Honestly, dcd, it seems like dcm would like to stay home with dcg. I think that's wonderful, but I can't be put in the position of taking the blame, and I certainly don't think that upsetting dcg is fair to her. So, either you need to have a talk with dcm, or as of February 1, you are going to have to work out something else for childcare. I feel like I'm being bullied, dcd is acting out, and I honestly just can't take it, no matter how much I care about her".

Up to you, and it's a little underhanded to bring dcd into it, but at least you know you've said your piece, and then HE can deal with dcm. Maybe you're doing her a favor by laying the cards on the table.

If you give a two-weeks notice now, and have a new one starting mid-February, then it's only 2 weeks without the income. Somehow, things will wait 2 weeks.

Comment

My termination letter

Notice of Termination

Over the past few weeks, correspondences from DCM have become increasingly hostile and disrespectful. As much as I have enjoyed providing care for DCG over this last year, and as much as it pains me to see her go, I will not tolerate any more disrespectful behavior towards myself, my business or my family.

This letter will serve as the 4 week notice of termination of childcare services. I will no longer provide care after ______________. Your 2 weeks deposit will cover the last 2 weeks of care, however you are still responsible for 2 weeks tuition, due on _________ and __________.

Sincerely,
              DCP

Comment

Notice of Termination

Over the past few weeks, correspondences from DCM have become increasingly hostile and disrespectful. As much as I have enjoyed providing care for DCG over this last year, and as much as it pains me to see her go, I will not tolerate any more disrespectful behavior towards myself, my business or my family.

This letter will serve as the 4 week notice of termination of childcare services. I will no longer provide care after ______________. Your 2 weeks deposit will cover the last 2 weeks of care, however you are still responsible for 2 weeks tuition, due on _________ and __________.

Sincerely,
                DCP
                awesome! Good job.

Normally, we are encouraged to avoid giving reasons in our letters, but I think you did a really good job of laying it out in a firm, but kind (to dcg) way.

Comment

Working...
                X