Everything Is Open Thanksgiving......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Is Open Thanksgiving......

and I'm not talking for Black Friday (almost typed BlackCat-) sales. They are just open!!!

I would boycott but seriously I would never be able to shop anywhere ever again.

The dollar tree is open- and Michaels--.

Seriously who needs to shop at these stores let alone any store on Thanksgiving/Christmas/etc. So sad-

Talked to some of the employees and the companies are paying time and a half so of course employees are signing up to work. I would rather spend time with my family.
    Each day is a fresh start
    Never look back on regrets
    Live life to the fullest
    We only get one shot at this!!

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
    I would rather spend time with my family.
    Same here. I think my state is one of the very few that still have "Blue Laws" in effect. I'm sure retail stores would open on Thanksgiving Day if they could but I'm glad they can't - at least for now.

Comment

We go out on Thanksgiving with family. We enjoy it and have a great time! Not sad at all

This year I'm going to go out with my oldest at some weird hour. She's 12 and loves to shop. It is a great way for us to spend some quality time.

It takes all kinds of people to make this world an interesting place.

Kelly
      Homeschooling Mama to:
      lovethis
      dd12
      ds 10
      dd 8

Comment

I have to work my part time job (at a restaurant) at 3 that afternoon. I know it's a "food" holiday, but I wish people would be considerate and figure out how to stay home for the holiday- buy a premade dinner or something.
        Hopefully it'll give good tips at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
          and I'm not talking for Black Friday (almost typed BlackCat-) sales. They are just open!!!
          Hey......

I am NOT open on Thanksgiving.

Don't start that kind of rumor or I'll have clients coming out of the woodwork expecting me to work!

Comment

One of my parents sent me a text that said " I will drop DCG off around 9 on Thanksgiving" I replied back "um no its a holiday and its one Im closed. Now shes mad because since she works retail and all the stores are open then why am I closed. Its sad that Thanksgiving is being turned into just another day

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
              Same here. I think my state is one of the very few that still have "Blue Laws" in effect. I'm sure retail stores would open on Thanksgiving Day if they could but I'm glad they can't - at least for now.
              Woah! I had to Google "Blue Laws" because I've never heard of them before. I'm blown away that it still exists in this day and time! I can't imagine the government dictating when a certain type of company can be open based on religious beliefs? Wow! Some places you can't buy alcohol on Sunday? Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynM View Post
                Woah! I had to Google "Blue Laws" because I've never heard of them before. I'm blown away that it still exists in this day and time! I can't imagine the government dictating when a certain type of company can be open based on religious beliefs? Wow! Some places you can't buy alcohol on Sunday? Crazy!
                I have never lived anywhere that had a liquor store open on a Sunday.

Car dealerships are also closed on Sundays.

So is Hobby Lobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                  Hey......

I am NOT open on Thanksgiving.

Don't start that kind of rumor or I'll have clients coming out of the woodwork expecting me to work!
                  ::

Comment

I have never lived anywhere that had a liquor store open on a Sunday.

Car dealerships are also closed on Sundays.

So is Hobby Lobby.
                    I think I've only ever bought a car on a Sunday, . It would be weird to have sales restricted by the government to me based on a religious belief. I can't wrap my head around this. It's so foreign to me. I don't know what Hobby Lobby is- i think it's fine that if a store wants to close on a Sunday or any day for that matter they have every right to and I support a day off, but to mandate it? It's like something out of an old movie or something. I guess I shouldn't be too shocked, California just legalized gay marriage, took long enough!

Comment

I think I've only ever bought a car on a Sunday, . It would be weird to have sales restricted by the government to me based on a religious belief. I can't wrap my head around this. It's so foreign to me. I don't know what Hobby Lobby is- i think it's fine that if a store wants to close on a Sunday or any day for that matter they have every right to and I support a day off, but to mandate it? It's like something out of an old movie or something. I guess I shouldn't be too shocked, California just legalized gay marriage, took long enough!
                      Our state just legalized gay marriage too but you still can't buy a six pack on Sunday.

Comment

Our state just legalized gay marriage too but you still can't buy a six pack on Sunday.
                        what!!!!! you can't buy beer on sunday's???????????????

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                          what!!!!! you can't buy beer on sunday's???????????????
                          3.2 from the gas station but nothing stronger.

There isn't a liquor store open anywhere in MN on Sundays.

You can go to the bar and drink til you're silly but you can't take it home with you.

Comment

3.2 from the gas station but nothing stronger.

There isn't a liquor store open anywhere in MN on Sundays.

You can go to the bar and drink til you're silly but you can't take it home with you.
                            wow.............its cool to hear how things differ from state to state.

I was in OR and I asked where I can buy the liquor at the grocery store and they told me are you nuts we don't carry that, you have to go to a liquor store......

again, just interesting to hear how different...

Comment

Requesting alcohol sales on Sunday here (deep south) would get your business boycotted and your kids ostracized in school. The teachers would be the worst...

We were "dry" until 2 years ago. We are still liquor free. Beer and wine, by the glass, in restaurants only. No bars or package stores in this county. One restaurant managed to get a mixed drink permit by not allowing minors in one closed off section, but they lasted less than a year before closing. No customers.

Yes, we still have active boot leggers. Everyone knows who they are, but nobody has ever "associated with" them if asked.
                              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X