X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
    Yup
    Mom needs it. She seems to have PASS: “Parental Attention Seeking Syndrome"
    Definitely her. I might just have to put my foot down and try it ...

As far as her previous daycare closing, I know that one is not a lie because I received 5 calls from that previous providers' group all on the same day when they found out she was closing. And I talked to that previous provider (another weird story from this same mom), and she offered me some of her daycare stuff, things that I didn't need at the time .... so I can at least give her honesty in that department

I'm over it now ... not going to take anything personally from her anymore. I have other DC parents who appreciate me (and was actually told how much I was appreciated last night), so I will just be happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Do you know who her previous provider was? Was there actually a previous provider? Why did this provider close down? I'm not trying to be cynical, but I have been in this EXACT same situation... and I would not be surprised one bit if she is bringing DCG to you because your rates are a little lower (because you are new to the game), your policies give her a little more freedom to potentially walk all over you, or because DCG was actually having behavior issues at the previous provider's and either was termed or DCM did not like having to follow the rules so much.

I am sorry, but even if the none of the above are true, this DCM is playing you. She gave it away when she said that she didn't know what must have happened at your house to make her act this way--you said she is home for the week... would you continue to bring your child to someone's house, whom you do not fully trust, when you are not even working that week?! Why pretend to be so concerned about your child at all?? She is doing it for show. Add that to the fact that she lied about the door being locked. Which could have been true if one of the kids were playing with the door knob or one of the other dcp's accidentally locked it on their way out but still wouldn't she have brought that up immediately when she brought your check? Instead of waiting until you texted her??

You need to be firm with this mom, make it clear that nothing is happening at your day care that is causing her daughter's behavior. DO NOT let DCM's behavior make you feel insecure about yourself or the care you provide... there is something else going on. You do sound like a great provider. If you want to stay in this business do not feel like this is your fault. Let her leave your day care if she wants to, you will be better off. I have only been open since last year and I dealt with so much of this in the beginning from one DCF that even though the issues have mostly been resolved since I gained more confidence, I already feel burned out and I am considering closing at the end of the year.
      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      sorry, I was the pp and I just re-read your post and DCM did not say that something happened at your house, but she did say that she did not know what must have happened that she doesn't want to come to your house anymore... same difference. She is saying this to make you feel like you are the problem. Could you imagine saying something like that to someone? Someone who you still intended to leave your child with every day?

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
        ugh this is one of my biggest pet peevs..

its like ripping off a bandaid. rip it off quickly, its painless......rip it off slowly, its painful.

I would tell dcm that this is normal, shes in a new place and she is adjusting. Don't fogret to mention that separation anxiety is normal at this age.

I would start taking a pic of DCK right after she stops crying and send it with your phone to mom.

I have one mom who has been with me for 2 years, just started her other child with me about 6 months ago. she feels she needs to stay and hang out with the child, which disrupts our morning and only upsets the child more. I finally get to the point where I have asked dcm not to go into the childcare room to drop off, do it at the door. I tell her when you stay it makes it harder for her, I then take a pic once that door closes dck stops crying.....
        Exactly. I always explain that to my parents during the interview process and let them know in the beginning to give a kiss, hug and leave.....quick like a bandaid. I have my childcare area gated off and parents can't go over the gate until into the dayhome room until the child has not cried for at least two weeks at drop off.

Comment

Working...
        X