About to Go Bald..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daycare View Post
    I just told mom and she asked if she should be concerned. I told her that I was a little concerned about it, but lets start using the cards and see what happens. I told her that if we can't get the cards to work then we will cross that bridge when it comes.

ladies thank you soooo much for reaching out to me with your wisdom
    The problem with ADHD is that it is really hard to get the testing done until they are in Grade school. We received DS diagnosis really early compared to the norm (middle of Grade 1). They I recognize though that symptoms for these kids appear as early as age two. DS disability fusing, for example, was back dated until age 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The problem with ADHD is that it is really hard to get the testing done until they are in Grade school. We received DS diagnosis really early compared to the norm (middle of Grade 1). They I recognize though that symptoms for these kids appear as early as age two. DS disability fusing, for example, was back dated until age 2.
      I agree that children should not be tested and diagnosed until at an older age. Every child develops at a different rate and this child is just very "bouncy". Just can't sit still for anything and can't be quiet for 1 second. He is an only child and mom is as sweet as could be but let's just say that the apple does not fall too far from the tree.

Comment

Glad to see you are getting some support. My son was like that for some time and then he grew out of it-somewhat. He was a dreamer which is also a child who has a tendency to space out. I still go into his room sometimes, at 13, and see him peering of into space when he is supposed to be doing his school. ::

Comment

Glad to see you are getting some support. My son was like that for some time and then he grew out of it-somewhat. He was a dreamer which is also a child who has a tendency to space out. I still go into his room sometimes, at 13, and see him peering of into space when he is supposed to be doing his school.
          My brother was like that, turned out he was Epileptic and having petite maul seizures.
          I see little people.

Comment

Tough situation.
            Should you and the parents be concerned? Yes.
            Would I suggest talking to a dr about it? Yes.
            Would I suggest testing at this age? Probably not. When I taught kindergarten, there were kids with obvious issues, but they had to show a 2 year delay to qualify for help. If we tested too early and the delay/need was not great enough, they had to wait a long time before being tested again.

This may be way to simple, but sometimes I find that my kids with ADD type tendencies respond well to repeating. I will tell them "Look at my eyes (so hopefully, attention is on you). Go potty. What do I need you to do?" Make sure they repeat it. Repeating it lets you know they focused in to hear you. Make your requests as short as possible. "Go potty" rather than "Please get up, go into the bathroom, and potty." The less words the better.

Comment

Walking through a doorway actually makes you forget. It's called the doorway effect. Try telling him to go into the bathroom and then once he gets into the bathroom, tell him to go potty. That is why he is washing his hands when he gets in there, he forgot what you told him!

Comment

Originally posted by jenn View Post
                Tough situation.
                Should you and the parents be concerned? Yes.
                Would I suggest talking to a dr about it? Yes.
                Would I suggest testing at this age? Probably not. When I taught kindergarten, there were kids with obvious issues, but they had to show a 2 year delay to qualify for help. If we tested too early and the delay/need was not great enough, they had to wait a long time before being tested again.

This may be way to simple, but sometimes I find that my kids with ADD type tendencies respond well to repeating. I will tell them "Look at my eyes (so hopefully, attention is on you). Go potty. What do I need you to do?" Make sure they repeat it. Repeating it lets you know they focused in to hear you. Make your requests as short as possible. "Go potty" rather than "Please get up, go into the bathroom, and potty." The less words the better.
                I also get down to his level and do the eye contact.

I used the cards today. Worked really well. He walked down the hallway and stood there I didn't say anything. He looked down and the realized the card in his hand. It was a cartoon Pic of a boy in the potty. He went in and without me saying anything went potty, washed his hands and came out with his dirty hand towel. First time ever.

Thank you guys for helping cute female baldness. My asst and I thank you.

Comment

Yay!!!

Comment

I'd be worried about a speech processing disorder.
                    The cards should help, but so would some early intervention

Comment

Glad to hear it helped! No more baldness concerns for you.happyface

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                        I also get down to his level and do the eye contact.

I used the cards today. Worked really well. He walked down the hallway and stood there I didn't say anything. He looked down and the realized the card in his hand. It was a cartoon Pic of a boy in the potty. He went in and without me saying anything went potty, washed his hands and came out with his dirty hand towel. First time ever.

Thank you guys for helping cute female baldness. My asst and I thank you.
                        happyface that was how it worked for my guy as well, it was like a lightbulb went off over his head and you could SEE the "oh, ya!" moment! ::

Comment

Working...
                        X