Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will The Shut Down Affect The Food Program??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will The Shut Down Affect The Food Program??

Does anyone know if the government shutdown will affect the food program?

Originally posted by kelsey's kids View Post
    Does anyone know if the government shutdown will affect the food program?
    So far no. The food program is federally funded but the money has already been set aside (or basically already approved) to be paid out to agencies.

My food program agency sent an e-mail to ALL providers stating the above information. They did note however that if the government remains shut down for longer than 30 days, payments could be delayed. If the government remains out of order for more than 60 days, then your reimbursement checks/deposits could be halted.

My agency said they will keep us posted.

Comment

Good to know. I called my agency this morning and no answer hope they call back soon to clarify everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        So far no. The food program is federally funded but the money has already been set aside (or basically already approved) to be paid out to agencies.

My food program agency sent an e-mail to ALL providers stating the above information. They did note however that if the government remains shut down for longer than 30 days, payments could be delayed. If the government remains out of order for more than 60 days, then your reimbursement checks/deposits could be halted.

My agency said they will keep us posted.
        Wow! Your agency is very organized! - to already have everyone informed. I haven't heard a peep from ours.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly View Post
          Wow! Your agency is very organized! - to already have everyone informed. I haven't heard a peep from ours.
          Ours either!

Comment

Mine called and said they were informed this morning that they are funded through October anything after that they dont know. They also said it looks like they will most likely lower the standard meal allowance when all is done but she hopes not

Comment

I talked to mine this morning too on an unrelated issue and asked while I had her on the phone and she said no, it wouldn't effect us until after their fiscal year anyway which is October. Last year our Dec payment (for Oct) was about 2wks late which SUCKED since it was Dec and all! But this year I'll be more prepared in case it happens.

Comment

From what I am getting it depends on your sponsor and how they run their program. I was told by my sponsor this morning that it shouldn't affect your payments for Septembers meals because it is the old fiscal year and the money has already been approved. But it also will depend on whether your state has gotten the money from the feds yet and if they didn't, whether the person on the fed level has been furloughed or not. If it lasts more than a few weeks, then all bets are off for the payments for October's meals.

Comment

Food Program participants:

We have received information from the US Dept. of Agriculture that there are sufficient funds to cover your Food Program payments through October 31, 2013. If a federal shutdown does occur and causes a problem with future payments, we will keep you updated in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding.[/B]

The above is the email I got.

Just speculation but I'm thinking this is going to go on longer than just into October. Obama is incredibly stubborn and the House and Senate have the heels dug in DEEP.

I would absolutely make a plan B just in case.

Comment

Tom wrote an article on the subject this morning. I just posted a link it is waiting approval from the mods.
                    It:: will wait

Comment

Food Program and shutdown

Originally posted by itlw8 View Post
                      Tom wrote an article on the subject this morning. I just posted a link it is waiting approval from the mods.
                      Here's my article: http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2013/...d-program.html
                      http://www.tomcopelandblog.com

Comment

I have gotten my funds for the month of September and I got an email today from my sponsor saying that if the shutdown hasn't ended by this time next month, the sponsors will not be receiving any funds.

Comment

We don't typically get our funds until around the 10th of the month for the meals from the previous month so it will be another week or so before we would get them. We are all wondering here because now that state has started furlouging employees including those from the DHHS. So whether the funds are there or not won't matter if there is no one to send them to the sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by williams2008 View Post
                            I have gotten my funds for the month of September and I got an email today from my sponsor saying that if the shutdown hasn't ended by this time next month, the sponsors will not be receiving any funds.
                            Wow! that is great that they paid out so fast.... happyface

Our agency is great but there is no way they could even process all the claims for September yet...

We usually get payment between the 15th and the 20th of the month.

Claims "appear" as processed sometime after the 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                              Wow! that is great that they paid out so fast.... happyface

Our agency is great but there is no way they could even process all the claims for September yet...

We usually get payment between the 15th and the 20th of the month.

Claims "appear" as processed sometime after the 10th.
                              We have to submit our menus in weekly, so maybe that has something to do with how quickly they pay out.

Comment

Working...
                              X