Microwaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwaves

Do you need a microwave in the baby room of a center?

maybe to sanitize pacifiers and toys? or personal use?

Comment

We have one in or baby room. But we also have a little kitchen area with a refrigerator and sink. We use it to heat water for breastmilk and warm baby food. It makes it easier than trying to share the main kitchen.

Comment

We are not allowed to heat baby food in them or use it to heat water for bottles...i'm just wondering if there were any other reasons. i'm thinking of taking it out of our baby room to give them more room on the counters.

Comment

There would be zero reason it would be a requirement.

I refuse to use ours 99% of the time because of what they've shown to do to food. And people seriously wonder why cancer is so rampant? I absolutely believe that's one (major) catalyst.

Take it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil'DinoEggs View Post
            maybe to sanitize pacifiers and toys? or personal use?
            I've not heard of using a microwave for sanitation purposes and would not advise putting any toys or pacifiers in one.

The risk of shortages and fires would be astronomical.....

Comment

I have used my microwave to quickly warm water if I need to defrost breast milk ASAP - obviously I would NEVER warm a bottle or breast milk in the microwave.

If you have a small crock pot (Little Dippers) you could keep the water warm in that though. Didn't get mine until after the kids were done with bottles...

What about staff needing to warm up their lunches?

Comment

I don't even own a microwave. NOT necessary, at ALL.

Comment

I guess I will be the only weirdo that likes the microwave. I cook in it often- frozen vegetables a big one. I reheat in it too.

I don't use it for bottles or toys and agree you run a high chance of starting a fire or damaging your stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by My3cents View Post
                    I guess I will be the only weirdo that likes the microwave. I cook in it often- frozen vegetables a big one. I reheat in it too.

I don't use it for bottles or toys and agree you run a high chance of starting a fire or damaging your stuff.
                    I use my microwave quite often.

The way I figure it if the microwaves don't kill us something else will

Comment

I use the microwave a lot too, at least once a day. I just wear my tinfoil hat and its ok.
                      I don't see how it could possibly be a necessity though.

Comment

What interesting viewpoints. I could live without mine ....but I don't want to! As for sanitation purposes I have a sanitizer I put the pacifier and water in it and in minutes it's clean.

Comment

I personally view microwaves as unhealthy and wouldn't want a provider heating up my son's food in one. You can't use them for heating up bottles, especially not breastmilk. Also, not good for water that you plan to use for cooking/drinking. But, I can see how it might be useful to heat the water and use that water to warm an already made bottle. Hmmmm, I've been hoping my personal microwave will give out so I can toss it and just not buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by tratliff View Post
                            I personally view microwaves as unhealthy and wouldn't want a provider heating up my son's food in one. You can't use them for heating up bottles, especially not breastmilk. Also, not good for water that you plan to use for cooking/drinking. But, I can see how it might be useful to heat the water and use that water to warm an already made bottle. Hmmmm, I've been hoping my personal microwave will give out so I can toss it and just not buy a new one.
                            Wait... I know I live in the woods and I'm a redneck and I don't watch the news much.....

BUT... when did microwaves become dangerous to heat water for cooking and drinking....

Did I miss a memo somewhere... Not that I'd be surprised...

Shhhh nap time is almost over and I think I'm going to go warm some water and drink it... Just because....

Comment

There have been studies C2C where water and or soil heated in a microwave then used to grow plants drastically alters the life sustained within it compared to the control group that received to exposure.

I'm not sure if that's what tratliff is talking about but those are a couple I know of in regards to what you're asking.

I'm not usually one of those paranoid types but with cancer striking younger and seemingly healthier people everyday I do buy into the idea that it could be a reason. Especially because near everyone has a microwave, if not access to several (home, work, activity groups, family members homes, friends homes etc.)

Comment

Working...
                              X