Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The Highest Paying Daycare Areas Around You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in a very small town & my parents could not afford to work if they had to pay some rates I see above. (gulp)

Comment

Around here (Greater Ft. Lauderdale), I charge $150 per week ($160 till 6:00). Some charge a bit higher. I'm not sure how much centers charge but more than I do although they reduce the weekly amount as children get older, I don't.

Laurel

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what the rates are around me. I believe $120-150 is average for Indy. Give or take a few....no clue about centers. I charge $100 for pt of 2-3 days a week & 120 for 4 or 5 days. I started at 120 and 150, but dropped a few bucks and got clients.

Comment

I would think in my areas HDC are NOT paid high rates at all. Nannies would have a better chance of making $$$$. Funny thing is when I needed childcare for my son who is now 12 (I worked PT out of the home 3 days/week) I was paying almost the same amount that I see a lot of parents wanting to pay now & that was 11 1/2 yrs ago & it's the same rate - blows my mind!!!! That being said I think average for my area is anywhere from $100-140/week - the center in my town charges $165/week for infants & $130/week for preschool age BUT from what I see on CL & on a local daycare board I am on most providers in my area are willing to take $75-100/week which is why my rates likely seem "high". I live in western central Ohio @ 30 min west of Columbus. I charge between $110-130/week depending on the age of the child.

Comment

I live 15 minutes outside of Washington DC, and I charge $250/ week, going to $280 in Jan.

Centers here range from $350-$500/week, and I don't know any that offer a part time rate.

That being said, we can't buy a house here for less than $500K.

I'm making really good money, and am able to have a great lifestyle, but by no means do we have a disposable income, or are we taking multiple vacations a year. My income matching the cost of living in the area.

Comment

I live in a very small town (less than 300) in missouri and I charge $20 a day. I don't get paid holidays, they don't pay for days they aren't here. I'm the highest in my area (everyone else is $17 a day) my first kiddos I started watching gave me a raise a few months ago so I upped my fee at that point. I get phone calls every other week so I must be doing something right and our cost of living is pretty low. We just bought our 3 story house for 60k. But I'm also 25 min from the closet town

Comment

I'm in CT. We have a high cost of living. The highest in the area is $250/week and the lowest is $165 for licensed care. I've seen craigslist ads for $125 nonlicensed, which is illegal here. You have to have a license even if you watch one part time child in your home.
                When I was fulltime I charged $225 for infant. $200 2-4 and $175 for 5+

Comment

I have no idea how much anyone near me charges... I just raised my rates a bit and I am afraid maybe they are too high - I just crossed over the $200/wk mark and while all my current families didn't complain (their rates went up $10/wk) I feel maybe I went too high. I am in central NJ - my prop taxes alone are over 10k a year - so pretty high COL I think.

Comment

I live in a big city in Minnesota and charge $275/week (or $55/day) for kids older than 12 months and $300/week (or $60/day) for an infant younger than 12 months. However, all of the families I have lined up either come 3 days (M-W) or 2 days (Th-F).

Almost all of the families have commented that one of the things that appealed most to them were my prices. As in--they consider my rates to be fairly low. However, most of the families are transitioning from large, expensive centers to my care or leaving nannies to come here. In comparison, my rates are much lower. I also live right on the edge of a well-to-do side of town with lots of stay-at-home parents and part-time working parents who are able to invest a lot (time, attention, money) in their children's care and education.

I don't have full enrollment--by choice--so that is possibly also a draw. I can have 10 kids, but right now I only have 4 on some days and 5 on other days. In the spring, I plan to add another child or two so I have 5 kids on some days and 6 kids on others.

We are not getting rich, but if things go as planned, we will be able to be comfortable. Our area is an expensive place to live.

Comment

I am in the Deep South and the rates average $75-$130 a week per child.

* There are more kids receiving "free" (tax payer funded) childcare than there are private pay. Many centers are closing down and the school system is absorbing the burden (k-3, k-4).
                      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I charge $160 a week and I live in Southern California. Some areas nearby though (the fancy areas) try to charge $250-300 a week. Insane!

Comment

Originally posted by coolconfidentme View Post
                          I live in a very small town & my parents could not afford to work if they had to pay some rates I see above. (gulp)
                          Yes mine too- but like someone said cost of living is a huge part. I lost a ton of kids to family - mostly grandmas- to save $.

Comment

Originally posted by sahm1225 View Post
                            I charge between 50-60/day and that's about average. I include all meals, but another provider about 2miles from me includes no meals and charges 300/week. She has a crazy long waiting list. She enrolls families almost as soon as they find out they are pregnant!
                            Another daycare around here charges 450/week. They are organic and cloth diaper and include everything. They currently have a 6 month waiting list.
                            It's crazy!!
                            I don't make $450 in a whole month of watching a child! That's awesome!

Comment

I live in a Northwestern suburb of Chicago and charge $250/week for full time infants and $225/week for 18 months and up. I'm right around the average of centers and home daycares. I have a waiting list and only charge $5 more per day than when I first started 8 years ago...

Comment

Wow!

I live in a rural area of Missouri. Wages are pretty low here and I live in a low income town. I charge $95/week for under age 2. $85/week for everyone else. I am open 7am-5:30 pm and most parents will leave them here the WHOLE time. My mistake for not restricting that a little more but it seems that is how long it takes them to commute to and from work I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X