Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The Highest Paying Daycare Areas Around You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are The Highest Paying Daycare Areas Around You?

I just saw on another post that somes ones sister gets $280 a wk per child! . For some reason that blows my mind. Maybe cause I'm doing the math in my head and I'm seeing a beach vacation at the same time ::

So just out of curiosity I wondering what the higher paying areas are? Here in lower Ny I am charging $160 a week.

Oh heck and the cheapest.... I see craigslist adds for for $60-$100 a week.

Play along.... I can't sleep

Originally posted by DaycareMama View Post
    I just saw on another post that somes ones sister gets $280 a wk per child! . For some reason that blows my mind. Maybe cause I'm doing the math in my head and I'm seeing a beach vacation at the same time ::

So just out of curiosity I wondering what the higher paying areas are? Here in lower Ny I am charging $160 a week.

I would think though that areas that can charge that much more also have a higher COL, so your beach vacation might really be high taxes or hefty mortgage payments.

Comment

I am in a big city in Kansas. I charge $150 per week and think I am charging at the high end. ? I think. I see ads for $80 per week on craigslist for this area.

Comment

I'm in small college town Iowa. $125-150 is the norm. Some charge $5 an hour and others charge $225 a child and stay full. The low end around here isn't so much about cost it's more that they charge hourly with no minimum, don't charge for child absences or for any paid days off or holidays.

Comment

Small, rural town. One Group center is approx. $150.00 to $190.00 a week depending on age of kids. Average is $110-$125 week.

Comment

I charge between 50-60/day and that's about average. I include all meals, but another provider about 2miles from me includes no meals and charges 300/week. She has a crazy long waiting list. She enrolls families almost as soon as they find out they are pregnant!
            Another daycare around here charges 450/week. They are organic and cloth diaper and include everything. They currently have a 6 month waiting list.
            It's crazy!!

Comment

Im opening in a month in las vegas.
              Im charging $125-175 depending on the age of the child. this is about average. im providing diapers, wipes and all meals excluding formula.

It also makes a big difference depending on what side of town you are on. Im not in the rich area

Comment

$120 a week and that's on the high end for a home-based! The centers around here are 120-150 and the home daycares are 80-120.
                That includes preschool curriculum, meals and all field trips (we do at least one a week). Parents provide diapers and wipes.

Mid-sized city in KS

Comment

On average here it is $30 per day. I charge $35 infants, $30 pre school. I know the centers are close to $200 a week at least for pre-school age ft care. There is a pre-school that just opened and is $150 a WEEK! they are full! So I'm hoping my price can go up soon too

Comment

Most charge $140.00 for 6am-6pm.
                    Center charges $150 for 3+ and $170 for 2's.

I charge $145 for 7am-5pm (most arrive at 8, you must specify that you need 7) ages 2-5.

Comment

I live in Minneapolis and the price for daycare depends on if it is a center or home daycare. A center can run anywhere from $250.00 per child to $275.00 a week and home daycare varies from $120.00 a week to $200.00 a week. I charge $150.00 a week and I provide breakfast,lunch & snacks. I have been told from some of my daycare parents that I am really reasonable and about in the middle of what other people are charging in Minneapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by DaycareMama View Post

In lower NY as well.. I was told by the friendly folks helping me get set up that the average for my area is 140 per week. I'm thinking about charging 150, as its easier math. Not saying that some people would have a difficult time dividing 140 by 5 but... well.. yes, I guess I am in fact saying that. :-)
                        Chief cook, bottle washer & spider killer...

Comment

Wow it really is amazing how the prices differ. I understand that cost of living plays into it a lot. But where I am it's a small town and the cost of living is very high and the majority of the community is low income. I often wonder what it would be like to move somewhere where things balance out more.. Ya know?
                          We bought at the peak of the housing boom and my mortgage a lone is insane...for nothing .
                          Some times I wonder if its worth it....

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Sir Husband View Post
                            In lower NY as well.. I was told by the friendly folks helping me get set up that the average for my area is 140 per week. I'm thinking about charging 150, as its easier math. Not saying that some people would have a difficult time dividing 140 by 5 but... well.. yes, I guess I am in fact saying that. :-)
                            Lol ... I hear you. I used to charge $135 way back when and it was so difficult. Parents never planned ahead to bring the exact amount and always demanded change. It was difficult . Hey ,,,maybe were neighbors

Comment

I forgot to mention actual centers in Las Vegas...
                              they range from $600 to over $1000 a month!!

I used to work at the one that charges around $1000 a month. I was required to have a bachelors degree (which i do), I was paid less than $2 more than minimum wage, the center had around 250 kids and it was the absolute worst place ever!!!! no control over the kids...it was like a zoo and i was doing crowd control all day. Yikes!

Comment

Working...
                              X