No announcement yet.

What Did You Do Before Daycare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-police department, this was in my home county.
    -sports and fitness-team usa minor soccer team, asst coach
    -bartender in college
    - executive director of non profit organizations department of development (this was more of an intern, not really a job..)
    -Troubled Teen cetner/ D.A.R.E program
    -high-fashion, sales rep...I lasted 6 months...I hate sales
    -out door education/ summer camp director for boys and grils club
    -YMCA sports asst. director
    -personal fitness trainer,

GOsh I think I have had a lot of jobs. When I was a single mom I used to work many jobs at a time. I know I am forgetting some, but these are the ones that I did as real jobs so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelsj View Post
      This is the second time I have seen you say that. What state/country allowed you to be licensed to care for children at age 17?
      I think Childminder is in UK...not sure but I think so

I started to work in a licensed daycare at 17. Back then rules/laws weren't as strict as they are now. Back then as long as you had a HS diploma you were good to go! You didn't even need training hours or any experience etc.

Comment

Still am a full time Government worker Counting down the days until I can open my Family Day Care. Hope to be open 1/1/14!! happyface

Comment

Cop. Still am, make really good money for a cop in my area. I am just so DONE with shiftwork, it's killing me. I can't wait to be my own boss and set my own hours!

Comment

Musician/Singer Songwriter Producer: www.MichaelSeven.com
            Producer for Gospel Traxx Syndicated Radio Show staring Walt baby Love: http://waltbabylove.com

Comment

This is the second time I have seen you say that. What state/country allowed you to be licensed to care for children at age 17?
              Michigan 1973 - This was licensed to care for state subsidy children in their home. To have children in my home I did not have to be licensed.
              I see little people.

Comment

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
                Michigan 1973 - This was licensed to care for state subsidy children in their home. To have children in my home I did not have to be licensed.
                It was much easier in Kansas and Oklahoma back then, even in the early '80s but I am still amazed that you could be licensed for anything before you are even legally able to sign your own contracts. Times have changed.

Comment

Before childcare I was:

Teacher Assistant
                  Retail Management
                  Administrative Assistant
                  Office Manager
                  Tonya R. Jones
                  Home Provider happyface

Comment

I worked in daycare centers while I went back to school and got my teaching certificate. When I graduated there were no jobs so I worked with special needs students until I bought my house and started this daycare.

Comment

Wow some pretty interesting jobs! I was an elementary school teacher for 12 years. Six years in the UK and six in the US, worked in both the public and private sector. I was a SAHM for a year before realizing I didn't want to go back and set up my daycare instead

Comment

I most recently worked for state government for 10 yrs. Loved my job and was really hard for me to leave. But me being a SAHM was more important for our family.
                        I always loved kids and worked for a Home daycare in high school. I worked as a bank teller, worked as waitress, did factory work (where I met my husband) a few other odd jobs here and there.

Comment

Working...
                        X