Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast hostess in a hotel

Then I worked at Claire's for a few months...hated retail

Through college I did AmeriCorps...best job ever, even though it wasn't really a job

I've been doing this daycare thing since my sophomore year of college....6 years now.

Comment

I worked at a company in Silicon Valley in Human Resources doing data input among other things, when computers were first becoming available! Geez, things have come a LONG way since then!!! :: I loved the interaction of people in my job! I could never imagine having a job without people- young or old! ::

Comment

I started at age 9 babysitting and did all through school becoming licensed at 17. Went to University for ECE, got married, opened daycare in home, taught porcelain art and ceramics for years evenings, then part time at a candle factory as the designer, then part time as a nail tech, then part time a baker, closed the daycare, nannied for 6 years and got a divorce. Then in 2004 opened this daycare in my home and married my best friend and love of my life.
        I see little people.

Comment

The job right before quitting to stay home with my son, which led to daycare?
          Chef and nursing student
          I've worked in restaurant jobs most of my life. My parents own restaurants and grew up in the biz too.

Comment

Before I got married and moved to the USA, I worked as a civilian for the British Armed Services. My job was overseeing the military base movie theaters. I took care of what movies went where in Western Europe. I also organized the rotation of training videos for the troops.

The best part of my job was the fact that my "office" was in a Georgian era mansion set in acres of gorgeous grounds, complete with a small lake. I looked out of my top floor office window (originally used as servants quarters) at trees and landscaping that were breathe taking. Lunch times were spend wandering around the grounds, over ornate bridges across the lake etc. The home was once owned by British nobility and then by the Guiness family (Book of Guiness World Records) and finally by the government. I loved it!

http://youtu.be/BqbNX6C3XMM This is the village I worked in. I lived in Beaconsfield and worked in Chalfont St. Giles.

Now you know why I get homesick.......

Photo is of driveway to my office building.
            Attached Files

Comment

I spent a good number of years making pizza-started as a lowly hourly high school kid and ended as a 1st assistant manager. Tried a little bit of retail at a couple places-not my style. Ended up a pharmacy tech for about 6 or so years.

Comment

I was a cook for an Assisted Living and Nursing home

Comment

This is what I trained to do...sort of. I studied ECE with a minor in Psychology and Special Needs (Autism). I graduated 23 years ago. Worked in the field for a year and a half until I had my first child then I started doing home daycare. I then did home until my daughter started school, worked as a JK French teacher until my grandfather needed home care and I reopened out of my home. I am ready to stop but people keep having kids.

2015 is my goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
                    Before I got married and moved to the USA, I worked as a civilian for the British Armed Services. My job was overseeing the military base movie theaters. I took care of what movies went where in Western Europe. I also organized the rotation of training videos for the troops.

The best part of my job was the fact that my "office" was in a Georgian era mansion set in acres of gorgeous grounds, complete with a small lake. I looked out of my top floor office window (originally used as servants quarters) at trees and landscaping that were breathe taking. Lunch times were spend wandering around the grounds, over ornate bridges across the lake etc. The home was once owned by British nobility and then by the Guiness family (Book of Guiness World Records) and finally by the government. I loved it!

http://youtu.be/BqbNX6C3XMM This is the village I worked in. I lived in Beaconsfield and worked in Chalfont St. Giles.

Now you know why I get homesick.......

Photo is of driveway to my office building.
                    Uh..i'm in love! My wander lust is itching...

Comment

Social Worker at the Dept. of Social Services

Comment

I worked at a daycare but was under 18 so I had to mainly clean, etc... Then I worked at a boutique, a pizza place, a deli (yuck!), and then as a teacher in a daycare center. I also always babysat from 11 on. Then I nannied until my second was born and I opened my daycare. I always thought I'd close when my youngest was in school but really I can't imagine not having my kiddos and not working at home!

Comment

Management for 2 higher end retailers.
                          Visual merchandiser.

Comment

US Army
                            Mini-bar attendant (hotel)
                            Claims Assistant
                            Media Coordinator (advertising)

Comment

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
                              I started at age 9 babysitting and did all through school becoming licensed at 17. Went to University for ECE, got married, opened daycare in home, taught porcelain art and ceramics for years evenings, then part time at a candle factory as the designer, then part time as a nail tech, then part time a baker, closed the daycare, nannied for 6 years and got a divorce. Then in 2004 opened this daycare in my home and married my best friend and love of my life.
                              This is the second time I have seen you say that. What state/country allowed you to be licensed to care for children at age 17?

Comment

Well I started daycare when I was 17 so I have been in this profession all my adult working life. I started my former center at 17 and left 4 years ago at 35years old! I started out as a part-time worker and worked my way up to a Assistant Director/Preschool teacher.

I am now a nanny for a military family and I will NEVER again work for a daycare. Esp a licensed TX daycare! ::

Comment

Working...
                                X