No announcement yet.

What's In Your Backyard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look at my profile and i have an album with my backyard pics. I just can't have the world to see them.

Comment

I have the usual, but my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE the dirt kitchen!!

Comment

I have those stepping stones too, plus a parachute, but one of my dogs is notorious for stealing and chewing so we have to limit playing with them.

Comment

Mosquitos.
          2 climber/slide combos
          Picnic table
          See saw for Bigs
          See saw for Littles
          4 riding toys (Cappy by Step 2)
          Mosquitos
          Sand box, sans sand, filled with small toys
          2 benches
          6 Bird of Paradise trees
          2 palm trees (no shade from those )
          A cypress tree log
          Lots of trucks
          A big dump truck
          Mosquitos
          4 chairs
          A play house
          An outside kitchen
          A plastic piano (sounds sooooo much better outside)
          Mosquitos
          Bug repellent in mass quantities.

Comment

I lovethis everyone's yard spaces!

There's not a whole lot in mine anymore, I purged the toys that never got used (well some went to the attic for the next round of DCKs) like the ride on toys, other climber, small slides...

-large cube climber (ultimate favorite)
            -Balls
            -Teeter totter
            -water table
            -sand/sensory table
            -random items & loose parts (shovels, buckets, shells, rocks, strainers, watering cans, cars/trucks...)
            -garden
            -workbench (its just out of view on the left but we use it for all kinds of things, like flowershop, mud kitchen, tool play...)

This is the "daycare field" we play in, well when its cleaned up and before all the balls and toys get drug out everywhere. (we have a small nice backyard that's separated from this area by 10ft bushes where we have our bbq, patio, table, and another garden )

We also just put up a pool noodle obstacle course that the kids are enjoying!

Comment

Lol Sugar Magnolia

What is it about the cube climbers that they love so much? Lol I could throw out everything else but the cube climber(except the tire swing and the long jump rope) and they'd all be happy.
              Does LT even make them anymore? I tried buying parts for mine some time back and couldn't get them?

Comment

my older kids love the cube climber. dh bought it at a yard sale 14 yrs ago and its a bit faded but in good order.

Comment

I'm jealous! I'm in NY and we have to have ground cover... I purchased a teeter totter and the kids LOVED it. During inspection I was told because the kids feet leave the ground I needed ground cover... So now we have a sand box, a huge blow up ball kids can get in, lots of balls, hoolahoops, etc... Oh- and a water table, slip n slide and sprinklers...

Comment

Originally posted by originalkat View Post
                    I have a wooden play set with a slide, 2 single swings, one double swing, and rock climbing wall. Then I have a sandbox with sand toys, 2 trikes that I get out occasionally, 2 wooden child sized picnic tables. Then I have 1 rubbermaid tub outside filled with colored cones, soft frisbees, hula hoops, balls, etc... that the kids can use outside. I dont like to have too much clutter. I find that these things keep them busy. Here are some pics of our outside area.
                    Where did you find those stepping stones? My kiddos would love those!!!
                    ~melissa~

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                      Lol Sugar Magnolia

What is it about the cube climbers that they love so much? Lol I could throw out everything else but the cube climber(except the tire swing and the long jump rope) and they'd all be happy.
                      Does LT even make them anymore? I tried buying parts for mine some time back and couldn't get them?
                      I don't think LT makes the cube climbers anymore as the newer ones are all more triangular....

Funny that they would stop making something so popular.

I have a small one that I keep in doors in the winter months so the little can climb and get their crazies out while staying warm.

I do see the climbing cubes in both the large and small size ALL over Craig's List and e-bay for pretty cheap so they are still out there....

Originally posted by MonkeyingAround View Post
                      Where did you find those stepping stones? My kiddos would love those!!!
                      Here are the stepping domes you saw in originalkat's photos

Comment

Originally posted by blackcat31 View Post
                        here are the stepping domes you saw in originalkat's photos

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/p%7chh528~~.jsp
                        thank you!!!
                        ~melissa~

Comment

I have an 8-in-1, picnic table, a few plastic chairs, a little tykes house, a wooden house, ride on's, turtle sandbox (no one ever uses it-it's going away soon), cars, balls, buckets, tools, chalk, an old ladder ball set from pipes that are missing pieces so the kids just use them to build, a ton of trees which is great for shade and leaves in the fall (over 90 mulched bags), lots of bugs and birds, jump ropes, and a few misc toys.

Comment

Working...
                          X