What's In Your Backyard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's In Your Backyard?

What play equipment do you have and what gets used the most?

I have an 8-in-1 climber by Little Tikes, an older Little Tikes Cube Climber, a couple of toddler climbing toys, an old Step 2 playhouse, a play kitchen, and a sandbox that's 10' by 10'. Since I laid out about $2300 for a fence this year, replacing the outdoor equipment is kind of out of the question for now but would love to think about it and shop around for next summer. I'm so sick of plastic. I'm hesitant to put up swings due to safety issues. We do have a tire swing in our tree and the kids have had great fun with that.
    My Cube climber gets used the most, even though it's missing the slide and the shelf part of it is cracked. For some reason they love climbing on that.

See I love the plastic, when they bang their heads it doesn't seem at bad and no splinters!

Comment

I used to like the plastic too. Maybe I just need new plastic.
      The problem with mine is most of it needs to be replaced. The one thing that's still in decent shape is the 8-in-1.
      Maybe I'm just jealous cause new people live down the street from me and they've got this really big cool swing/climbing set, with a tunnel twirly slide and they've got a plastic rock wall climbing thing. My backyard needs a drastic overhaul but it's so expensive.

Comment

We have some homemade water tables
        A Picnic Table
        A bucket of Tools (They love these and go around and fix things)
        A Playhouse
        an 8 in 1 climber
        2 sandboxes (Sand tables actually)
        Roller Coaster
        Trikes

I'd say the most used are the tools and climber. The sandbox if I add water to it so it's easier to build. The roller coaster used to get used alot but now most of my kids are 3.5-4y so they don't use it much. When they were two they loved it!

Comment

front shot and shot from back
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
            My Cube climber gets used the most, even though it's missing the slide and the shelf part of it is cracked. For some reason they love climbing on that.
            LOL! I have the SAME climber.

Missing slide, cracked shelf/ledge... ::

I removed the ledge last summer and just have the 4 walls right now. The kids LOVE it and use it more than anything else in the yard so I can't toss it out.

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
            I used to like the plastic too. Maybe I just need new plastic.
            The problem with mine is most of it needs to be replaced. The one thing that's still in decent shape is the 8-in-1.
            Maybe I'm just jealous cause new people live down the street from me and they've got this really big cool swing/climbing set, with a tunnel twirly slide and they've got a plastic rock wall climbing thing. My backyard needs a drastic overhaul but it's so expensive.
            Have you considered painting the Little Tikes things?

I had a playhouse that was faded and old looking. I bought that spray paint made specifically for plastic and gave it a new paint job and it looks brand new...the kids even thought I got a new one.

I also think that although your neighbors new toys look appealing to you, IME, the things that I think look fun and exciting, the kids rarely play on.

As far as what I have in my yard goes... (these are NOT out all at the same time, but rotated like the toys in the house)
            • big cube climber
            • little cube climber
            • dome climber
            • 14x14 sandbox
            • Little Tikes Castle
            • Little Tikes house
            • 3 swings
            • 2 toddler slides
            • 8 in 1 climber
            • 6 Cozy Coupe cars
            • 1 Little Tikes pick up truck
            • 1 Little Tikes mini van
            • 3 Off Road tri-cycles (by far the MOST played)
            • 2 three wheeled scooters
            • 3 toddler sized Little Tike ride on toys

I am slowly getting rid of all my plastic toys and going for a more natural playscape.

Comment

This is my yard right now. We are totalky revamping the tree fort and it will have a swing/slide/monkey bars and mud kitchen. When its done i plan on getting rid of all if the other toys. In the corner of our yard (behind the privacy fence) we have an above ground pool.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have a little tikes playhouse, a small slide, plasting see-saw and a BIG wooden sandbox. I also have a lot of play cars and bikes (although I want to get rid of them since they don't move so well in grass) and then various yard games and TONS of balls.

Comment

Originally posted by nanglgrl View Post
                  This is my yard right now. We are totalky revamping the tree fort and it will have a swing/slide/monkey bars and mud kitchen. When its done i plan on getting rid of all if the other toys. In the corner of our yard (behind the privacy fence) we have an above ground pool.
                  Here's the other photo. We're doing a lot of work in the backyard as far as landscaping and decor this summer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

When I did child care before I had a cube climber and it was well loved and easily the favorite right up through school age! I sold it when I closed. They also loved the Little Tykes castle.

Right now I have two play houses, water table, sand table, basketball hoop, riding toys and Small Liitle Tyke slide. I really need some climbers. I see they still sell the castle and plan to get that too!

Comment

Here is the majority of my play equipment. I also have a white plastic pvc type picnic table, two step-2 toy boxes, and a bunch of bikes/trikes.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The favourite outside toy this year is a GIGANTIC 20 x 20 blue tarp. My lawn isn't completely flat, so when used with the hose (and dish soap!) I get puddles in it. The kids love it to slide on, sit in the puddles, scoop, make little rivers, set up the sprinkler and add dirt to make mud.

I like it because the water doesn't seep down into the ground right away so we get more use out of it.... great because I am on a well and must conserve water.

Comment

Weeds.. well that is what I feel like. I didn't get my raised beds planted this year so they are weeds
                          Seriously, I have the castle (love it, have had it since 16 yo ds was little) A small cube and a little tykes tunnel from again ds being little.
                          Some trucks, balls, a wheelbarrow, a patch of dirt and shovels.
                          Space to run!

I want- one other Little Tykes climber. That is it though. I don't like swings with the ages I have they are too dangerous.

Comment

I have a wooden play set with a slide, 2 single swings, one double swing, and rock climbing wall. Then I have a sandbox with sand toys, 2 trikes that I get out occasionally, 2 wooden child sized picnic tables. Then I have 1 rubbermaid tub outside filled with colored cones, soft frisbees, hula hoops, balls, etc... that the kids can use outside. I dont like to have too much clutter. I find that these things keep them busy. Here are some pics of our outside area.

Comment

I've got a metal swing set with a slide and see saw, had to remove the glider as per state regs and that stunk. My kids loved it.

A wooden play set with swings and a slide, telescopes, wheels etc. (played with the most)

Flower station (thanks daycarediva!)

little tykes playhouse

Little tykes slide

Scooters, tricycles, plasma cars

Comment

Working...
                              X