• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
    So far, I'm the winner at 61. ::

20 year veteran .....

Laurel
    thank you I thought I was the oldest LOL 57 30 years experience.
    It:: will wait

Comment

Well I'm turning 37 on wednesday and yes I'll be working that day

I too was surprised at the number of young people doing daycare. I started with little to no experience almost 2 years ago. I did have two kids of my own.

My own had never been in a home daycare(SAHM).

Comment

I am 40, look it and feel it, but act 5...

Comment

I'm 57, started at age 9 watching children and licensed first at 17.
          I see little people.

Comment

I'm 32 and I feel like I'm in my late 20's. I like to pretend to act like a 6 year old.....however, I've had several people say that I act much older than I am .

Comment

Hey - 45 isn't that old! Actually I'm 44 this year because last year I messed up and thought I was 45, so I'm flip-flopping years.

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
                Laurel, you stole my thunder...I'll be 55 this year. I didn't start until 4 years ago though, so I have a lot to learn from these young whippersnappers ::
                Haha, I like to use the word whippersnappers too.

I really am seeing some trends changing from when I had my own three and as the years have gone by. When I had my first son, you were looked down upon if you used 'paper' diapers. Then it became popular and now mom's wanna go back to cloth??? Yuck. I do know that they make better kinds now though. We had the pins and rubber pants. I just went with the 'bad mom' label rather than use cloth. ::

Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by itlw8 View Post
                  thank you I thought I was the oldest LOL 57 30 years experience.
                  Well you do have more experience except before I started I was a SAHM to my own three so it is a close call on that. ::

It looks like I'm still in the lead. Not sure if thats a good thing or not Of course old beats the alternative.

Laurel

Comment

I'm 52 and been at this thing for 28 years now.

Comment

I'm - let's see - 49? Yep, 1964 from 2013 is 49 ::. Some days I feel younger, some days much older .

I've been doing this at home for 20 years, with a couple of years in a center when I was really young.

Comment

I am 37... Been doing this for 15 years- prior to that I nannied and worked in a center .

Comment

Ancient!

Originally posted by GoodKarma View Post
                          I have you beat, I'm 52 I started when I was 29
                          Hold on to your hat! I will be 65 later this summer and have been caring for children off and on since I was 20(I was a teller supervisior in a bank for 11 yrs.) and became license 23 yrs ago when required. My 'parents' tell me I'm too young to retire. They are correct as usual. Age brings experience and understanding of children, ideas for activities, and a need to keep fit!

Comment

Working...
                          X