I Thought You All Were Much Older!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Thought You All Were Much Older!

This is a comment coming from another thread about how old everyone was when they started doing daycare.

I have to say that I was really surprised to find out how young so many of you are!! I've been coming to this board for a few months now, and I certainly recognize a lot of your names (screen names), and I never would have thought so many of you were my age or close to my age. You all are so experienced, and since I've looked up to the other providers as great sources of advice, I always imagined that the majority of the people on this board were 40+. You know, older and wiser... Any ways, it's very cool that the ages are across the board.

(BTW I'm 27, opening my daycare this fall)

Originally posted by preschoolteacher View Post
    I never would have thought so many of you were my age or close to my age. You all are so experienced, and since I've looked up to the other providers as great sources of advice, I always imagined that the majority of the people on this board were 40+.
    You get wiser the longer you are a member here.
    Last edited by Michael; 06-24-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Me too !! I was so surprised that there were so many of us so close to my age, I am 25.

Comment

I am almost 47 if that makes you feel any better. There are old people on here

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse View Post
          I am almost 47 if that makes you feel any better. There are old people on here
          I have you beat, I'm 52 I started when I was 29

Comment

I feel like a 10 year old (mentally) sometimes
            look like I am a 30 year old
            and seriously have to look at my DH (for the answer) when ever someone asks me how old I am.

Does it really matter?

I have met some really mature and wise young folks and some folks that are pretty well off in age that make me seriously wonder how they got so lucky to make it so far......

Comment

Originally posted by GoodKarma View Post
              You aren't alone! I celebrated my 52nd birthday earlier this year! I started my business when I was 25...It is hard to believe it has been that long! I still feel like I'm a youngster though and attribute it to being with kids everyday!!!!

Comment

I started doing childcare in centers when I was 18, started my home daycare when I was 28, and I am 33 now.

Comment

I'm 24 and have only been doing it since September, but I love it so far. I'm a young single mom (she's 2.5 and I've been single primary since she was 3 mo) and it is the best decision I've made in being able to be with her as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodKarma View Post
                    So far, I'm the winner at 61. ::

20 year veteran .....

Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by Laurel View Post
                      So far, I'm the winner at 61. ::

20 year veteran .....

Laurel
                      Laurel, you stole my thunder...I'll be 55 this year. I didn't start until 4 years ago though, so I have a lot to learn from these young whippersnappers ::

Comment

I always imagined that the majority of the people on this board were 40+. You know, older and wiser...
                        43 here, and hopefully wiser? LOL been doing dc 22 years since I was 21!

I don't know why anyone ever left their kid with me in the beginning. The only experience I had was I had my own 9mo!

Comment

I started doing daycare when I was 38, I'm 40 now.

Comment

I started doing daycare when I was 18, working in a center and now I am 34 and just opened my home daycare this past January.

Comment

I worked outside of the home after having my kids but by the time our youngest was born I wad ready to be home FT. I am 40 & have been doing childcare almost 6 yrs.

Comment

Working...
                              X