Serving Snack Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lyss View Post
    I say skip it, they can handle it. So do you provide dinner then? Just wondering. I've had parents ask but I can barely make dinner for my own family by the end of the day! ::::
    Yes I do and it's served at 5:30

Comment

Originally posted by Little Star75 View Post
      The school these 2 dcg go to, provide plenty of meals no kidding . They have breakfast, am snack, lunch and a snack right before they leave. However.... DCP wants her dcg to be fed at daycare since DCP NEVER cooks
      If they are getting a snack at the end of the day before they leave school, then no, I wouldn't give them one. They should be able to wait until supper. My dd still gets snack at school, but because their lunch time is after noon, they have snack in the morning. Ds no longer gets snack at school. He eats breakfast at 645am, lunch at 1048am and gets home at 3. He would never make it until supper.

Comment

Anyway to give them part of the veggie portion of their dinner as the snack if needed?That way you could say snack & dinner were offered. All the rules & expectations sure make things difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Anyway to give them part of the veggie portion of their dinner as the snack if needed?That way you could say snack & dinner were offered. All the rules & expectations sure make things difficult.
          good idea

Comment

Originally posted by mema View Post
            If they are getting a snack at the end of the day before they leave school, then no, I wouldn't give them one. They should be able to wait until supper. My dd still gets snack at school, but because their lunch time is after noon, they have snack in the morning. Ds no longer gets snack at school. He eats breakfast at 645am, lunch at 1048am and gets home at 3. He would never make it until supper.
            Definitely makes sense to me, I was just wondering because mom has very high expectations and wants her dcg to be fed after school and dinner. I told her that I'm on the food program and they tell me when and what to feed the dck. I don't think she liked that idea but let's see how it goes.

Comment

How late are they at your house ? You eat at 5:30 because that works for your family or for those kids. Are they the only childcare children that eat dinner at your house?

I do believe the time between meals starts with the beginning of the snack so the first group to eat NOT when the last ones eat. ask your food rep.

I do know for the food program the parts need to be served at the same time or they do not count... so if you served the veggie for snack you HAVE to serve another at dinner or the dinner does not count. had that one in a training.

If the kids stay until 6:30 then feeding them dinner makes sense. If you are rushing to feed them at 5:30 so mom does not have to cook or pay to feed her children then that is a whole different story.
              It:: will wait

Comment

Working...
              X