OT: Anyone in Oregon? No. Cal? Looking to Move, Need to Talk Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Anyone in Oregon? No. Cal? Looking to Move, Need to Talk Weather

Looking @ Medford Area, but want to talk to anyone sort of near the area about everything from weather to way of life, cost of living, etc. Please PM me!

My grandpa grew up in Medford! It's a tiny town, but it's cozy and the weather is SO much nicer than up here in Portland. More sun, less rain. I can't help you with any of the other stuff because I've only ever visited, but I wish I could transplant their weather up north a few hours!

Where are you moving from?

Comment

Originally posted by just_peachy View Post
      My grandpa grew up in Medford! It's a tiny town, but it's cozy and the weather is SO much nicer than up here in Portland. More sun, less rain. I can't help you with any of the other stuff because I've only ever visited, but I wish I could transplant their weather up north a few hours!

Where are you moving from?
      Connecticut!
      Its usually 10-20 degrees in Winter with lots of snow and I really really hate that.

Tiny town, really? I thought the population looked high for us and was considering Eagle Point :: BUT our current town has 3000 residents

If you don't mind I would love to talk to you. Can you PM me your phone# and a couple of good times to call?

You're up early! I was just thinking - Geeze I should have posted in a few hours, all those peeps over there are still in bed!

Comment

I pm'd you!
        Each day is a fresh start
        Never look back on regrets
        Live life to the fullest
        We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyMamma View Post
          Connecticut!
          Its usually 10-20 degrees in Winter with lots of snow and I really really hate that.

Tiny town, really? I thought the population looked high for us and was considering Eagle Point :: BUT our current town has 3000 residents

If you don't mind I would love to talk to you. Can you PM me your phone# and a couple of good times to call?

You're up early! I was just thinking - Geeze I should have posted in a few hours, all those peeps over there are still in bed!
          We just moved from the Medford area (actually eagle point!) 2 years ago to Salem. I loved Medford/Ashland area, the weather is much better than up north (I hate Salem)! The 6 years we were there we only had one winter of more than just a inch or so of snow. Summers get hot, we usually had at least a week of 100+ consistently.

I loved Eagle Point, it was small but had enough shopping that I wasn't running to Medford. I'd avoid White city or Central point (mainly White City) if your looking for outskirts of Medford.

Comment

I would definetly talk to Lyss!!!

See how people have different perspectives on things-
            Live life to the fullest

Comment

My 23 yo son has been living in Ashland for the past 10 months. He loves it there...

Comment

I'm in the metro area of Portland. We have family in Medford and visit regularly. The weather is very nice there in the summer. Much drier than the Willamette Valley up north. The Rogue Valley gets this air inversion thing and gets socked in during the winter months. Gray and depressing in my opinion. Medford is more conservative politically and Ashland is more liberal. Ashland is just a few miles south of Medford. Our family has a cabin at Lake of the Woods. So beautiful up in the mountains. Fairly close to Crater Lake. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Live and Learn View Post
                  I'm in the metro area of Portland. We have family in Medford and visit regularly. The weather is very nice there in the summer. Much drier than the Willamette Valley up north. The Rogue Valley gets this air inversion thing and gets socked in during the winter months. Gray and depressing in my opinion. Medford is more conservative politically and Ashland is more liberal. Ashland is just a few miles south of Medford. Our family has a cabin at Lake of the Woods. So beautiful up in the mountains. Fairly close to Crater Lake. I hope this helps.
                  Oh, I had totally forgotten about the air inversion thing!

I think most of Oregon is very depressing in the winter all 9 months of it-

Yes, Ashland is very liberal-I think much more then Eugene even.
                  Live life to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                    Oh, I had totally forgotten about the air inversion thing!

I think most of Oregon is very depressing in the winter all 9 months of it-

Yes, Ashland is very liberal-I think much more then Eugene even.
                    Ashland is very liberal, its fun to visit but I hated working there.

Lake of the Woods is such a neat area! Very pretty! We liked Fish Lake and Four Mile Lake in that same area too!!

Comment

Why Medford? If you don't mind me asking? Do you have family or friends there? Bend, Oregon is beautiful too. High desert, mountains all around, GREAT skiing, vital, athletic, hip western town. 300 days of sunshine per year. Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Why Medford? If you don't mind me asking? Do you have family or friends there? Bend, Oregon is beautiful too. High desert, mountains all around, GREAT skiing, vital, athletic, hip western town. 300 days of sunshine per year. Good luck with your decision.
                        I will look into it!

Comment

Yes I am curious why are you looking to move out there too, its funny because my husband and I have been talking about moving westward as well and were from Rockland County NY , not too far from you ...if its too personal you can PM me.... or not... I am just curious.

Comment

I'm in CT. It's cold in the winter. Too much snow. Last couple years we've been getting 2-3 feet at a time.

Other than that, no special reason. And I've lived on the same st for 35 years. I'm bored.

Comment

Gotcha! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X