No announcement yet.

Easy Clean High Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I have to ask......does spaghetti sauce stain the Ikea chair at all? I like the looks of the chair and the price but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the white chair is, "Ooh! Spaghetti sauce could be a real problem!"

Would a blow dryer set on high heat be enough to melt the glue on the sticker so you could take it off? Or maybe that Goo Gone stuff that takes stickers off?

Comment

I have four Ikea high chairs also and no, spaghetti sauce does not stain them. I've had all of mine for about three years and I love that I can clean them easily. I remove the tray and throw those in the dishwasher weekly.

When I don't need them all they stack up neatly (tray removed) and don't take up as much room as regular baby highchairs. For young infants that can't support themselves I tuck rolled up towels around them to protect them from the hard plastic. I love them.

I'm not sure about the sticker, mine don't have a sticker on any part of the chair that I can see. To remove stickers try Goo Gone, if that doesn't work try soaking a paper towel in vinegar and let it sit on the sticker. If its a paper sticker it should come of easier with the Goo Gone.

Comment

++
        Originally posted by LaLa1923 View Post
        In the tub?? Lol

What if the baby isn't sitting up all the way?
        We used it in the tub and pool a few times with my niece and DD, when they weren't stable enough to sit by themselves.

They sell these padded inserts for little ones. I also use towels

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
        So, I have to ask......does spaghetti sauce stain the Ikea chair at all? I like the looks of the chair and the price but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the white chair is, "Ooh! Spaghetti sauce could be a real problem!"

Would a blow dryer set on high heat be enough to melt the glue on the sticker so you could take it off? Or maybe that Goo Gone stuff that takes stickers off?
        Mine doesn't have any stickers except underneath which I got off easily and no spaghetti stains (we love spaghetti!).

Comment

I have the Ikea one too and love it except the tray doesn't get close enough to the child. I put a towel behind him but there's still all kinds of food in the seat when he's done eating.

Comment

They stack too happyfacehappyfacehappyface

I so regret not taking the 3 hour drive this weekend. Stacking, easy cleaning and right price... You can't beat that.

I am sold ladies. Thank you!!
            Hmmm do they deliver??

Comment

Love mine!

Here is the link on amazon to the Rubbermaid high chair I have. I also have trays for them, sold seperatley, I have had the same 3 highchairs for about 10 years and they are so easy to clean and stack too!
              LOVE THEM!!

Comment

I've never used a high chair in child care for the very reasons you describe. Young infants are fed in a bouncy seat on the floor and once they can sit up well the are transistioned to a booster seat. I use the Fisher Price booster seat that straps to a regular chair and has a tray. I have three older versions but I think the the one that is currently available is around $25. It is EASY. All parts go in the dishwasher for a thorough cleaning (when straps become dirty). The back can be removed for toddlers and smaller preschoolers. I love it! I put them all away on the weekends so my house doesn't feel so much like a child care center.

Comment

I have a space saver high chair. It comes with a seat cover but I don't use it. I am able to just wipe it out.

It also had a tray that is dishwasher safe. Plus for me!

Comment

Yes, Ikea ship's. I had my 3 shipped to me.

Comment

I've used the reclining seats that attach to chairs and the Ikea ones. I love the Ikea ones and sold my reclining seats. I hated having to take them off the chairs when we had company over to eat and there were a lot of cracks for food to fall in. In the summer, I take the Ikea ones outside and hose them down, otherwise I just put them in the shower when they need a good cleaning.

Comment

Question for those that own the high chairs from ikea -

1) When you say 'they stack' does that mean you put them on top of one another? (I know it sounds silly but want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding!)
                        2) for those that. Use it in the tub and outside. Is it hard to put the legs back on when you are done outside or tub?

Thank yuu

Comment

As for question one, yes they stack without the trays on. What I do (I have 3), I take the tray off two of them, and stack those two together. I take the one with the tray still on, and stack that on the two. Then I stack the trays on the top one that still has the tray on it.

As far as question two, I have no idea. I have never thought of doing this...I think it would be easy to get the legs back on, as I don't remember them being difficult to put on. I think all you have to do is push a button, but I could be remembering wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sahm1225 View Post
                            Question for those that own the high chairs from ikea -

1) When you say 'they stack' does that mean you put them on top of one another? (I know it sounds silly but want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding!)
                            2) for those that. Use it in the tub and outside. Is it hard to put the legs back on when you are done outside or tub?

Thank yuu
                            Its really easy to get the legs back on and off! They just snap in and out

Comment

Ikea here too and love it! Good price,easy to clean,do not take much space

Comment

So it figures. I have check the 2 ikeas around me and neither one has them in stock. You also can't order them online. I hope they aren't discontinuing them?!
                                You can however buy the one without the tray.. but I really want the tray.

Comment

Working...
                                X