Scribble Scrabble & Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lyss View Post
    I'm not sure how everyone feels about this but for me it's a totally pet peeve when someone says "no scribble scrabble" to a young child. I've seen teachers and parents do it and it drives me crazy! Are they immediately supposed to know how to color in the lines or draw a perfect circle? agh! Sorry for the rant, but we went out to dinner and the little boy (I'm guessing just over 2) at the table next to us got reprimanded and his crayons taken away (tears ensued) because he was doing to much "scribble scrabble" and not "coloring right" :confused:

What pet peeves do you have?
    I admit I have said that, but for a different reason. I have mostly 4.5 year old boys,who during an art project will scribble a few lines on it and begin announcing "Im finished!". I sometimes will say that at the beginning so they know that they need to take more than 3 minutes with it.

Id never say that to a younger child or tell any child that their work was scribble.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunni Bee View Post
      I admit I have said that, but for a different reason. I have mostly 4.5 year old boys,who during an art project will scribble a few lines on it and begin announcing "Im finished!". I sometimes will say that at the beginning so they know that they need to take more than 3 minutes with it.

Id never say that to a younger child or tell any child that their work was scribble.
      I have had a few of those DCKs as well (usually my most active boys) and understand using it with them. It really just peeves me in reference to young children who are just beginning to learn to draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunni Bee View Post

One time I asked my 3.5 year old cousin to draw a picture for me (part of a project for a child development class) and I gave him a variety of drawing materials (markers, crayons, pens, pencils) and some computer paper and all he did was take one marker and scribble on it and 5 seconds later said "Done" but he also doesn't sit down for very long for anything, he gets up all the time during meals (even during thanksgiving and christmas dinners).

Another pet peeve:
        When people say "I could care less" when they mean they 'couldn't care less'- because if they could care less then they technically do care a little bit.
        Last edited by Starburst; 03-31-2013, 07:32 PM. Reason: add a pet peeve

Comment

Originally posted by Starburst View Post
          One time I asked my 3.5 year old cousin to draw a picture for me (part of a project for a child development class) and I gave him a variety of drawing materials (markers, crayons, pens, pencils) and some computer paper and all he did was take one marker and scribble on it and 5 seconds later said "Done" but he also doesn't sit down for very long for anything, he gets up all the time during meals (even during thanksgiving and christmas dinners).
          I have children in my class that do this. They are usually the ones with no access to art supplies at home. They don't need complete art sets but at least provide crayons markers and blank paper.

On the subject of husband pet peeves, why can't my DH put his socks in the hamper when it is just 6" behind the spot on the FLOOR where he puts them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookworm View Post
            On the subject of husband pet peeves, why can't my DH put his socks in the hamper when it is just 6" behind the spot on the FLOOR where he puts them.
            Hahaha.. Is there some sort of secret training that our husbands go through to drive us nuts? My dh does that same thing! Too funny! ::

Comment

Working...
            X