Diaper Rash. and Angry DCM - WWYD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itlw8 View Post
    I have one like that except mom is great. it got worse when dcg was eating cuties this winter AND I was also serving manerine oranges some days. We started talking and both dut her WAy back on any citrus fruits.
    citric acid really does a number on kids.........and most wipes have citric acid in them too

I am an adult and I can't combine sauce with oranges, orange juice. It just doesn't like me. I break out in hives.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyslippers View Post
      It went ok. I explained to her that I am aware of the risk of diaper rash with her little one, and that I did everything in my control to prevent it from happening. She expressed her concern, but really...I am ONE woman!!!! The little one is on a really strong antibiotic for a blood infection - cellulitis. The frequent poops were expected, but the rest of it is just a headache.

I am a really good communicator, and I typically do all right with it. This dcf, though, is really unrealistic in their expectations. I am just tired!!!

56 more days!!!
      Don't suffer those last days, tell her how it is at your home. Nicely of course but stop letting her make you feel the way that you do. This can be carried on and out of the daycare world and into other avenues of your life. Explain to her that your a group care not a one on one care home. If she wants that service maybe a Nanny would be a better fit for her. This will help her in the long run too.
      Best-

Comment

Take the strings out of tea bags, wet 3 of them and throw them in her diapers...then invoice mom for the teabags! These work awesome to reduce diaper rash!! I use them on my kids when they have very red bums. I put them in at night and by morning it is mostly dried up!

Comment

Just a suggestion here....I was told no cornstarch on the bum when you have a rash while taking an antibiotic. The diaper rash is more likely than not a yeast infection and the corn starch actually "feeds" the yeast and causes it to get .worse. I know some people will use powder on the bum as well.......please check to see if your powder is made with corn starch in it

Comment

Originally posted by My3cents View Post
            vaseline is good but bag balm works better- esp for acid
            Also known as Utter (or is it spelled udder) Balm, or Butt Cream or Butt Paste. And it does work.

Comment

There could be other underlying issues than just negligence. It could be the diapers (I've had this happen), or what she is eating. The Desitin could also not work for her. Has she taken her to the doctor for this concern? If not, I would recommend her to do so. I do agree keep a very detailed description for this child to give to mom at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Just a suggestion here....I was told no cornstarch on the bum when you have a rash while taking an antibiotic. The diaper rash is more likely than not a yeast infection and the corn starch actually "feeds" the yeast and causes it to get .worse. I know some people will use powder on the bum as well.......please check to see if your powder is made with corn starch in it
                This is one of the reasons I do not put anything on a rash without the parent's knowledge/consent. I know many of us have years of experience when it comes to diaper changes (and probably more than most of the parents) but it could come back to bite you if a parent is already upset about a rash and it turns out what you were using to "treat" it was actually making it worse

I also missed the part where the child had 9 BM's. I agree that they would have been sent home.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyslippers View Post
                  It went ok. I explained to her that I am aware of the risk of diaper rash with her little one, and that I did everything in my control to prevent it from happening. She expressed her concern, but really...I am ONE woman!!!! The little one is on a really strong antibiotic for a blood infection - cellulitis. The frequent poops were expected, but the rest of it is just a headache.

I am a really good communicator, and I typically do all right with it. This dcf, though, is really unrealistic in their expectations. I am just tired!!!

56 more days!!!
                  Egads, my husband almost died with cellulitis. He was in a near coma and in the hospital for a week. She should thank her lucky stars they have her on an antibiotic for her particular cellulitis. It can be tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by CedarCreek View Post
                    If she is on an antibiotic then that could be a Yeast infection, I don't know that you can make that go away with desitin.

I would change every hour, apply cream and keep a log. I cannot do any more than that and there is no way I would let a baby go without a diaper.
                    yeast, exactly! Pediatrician can prescribe a medicated paste/ointment for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookworm View Post
                      we asked if we could take a pic of the rash each time they changed her so mom would have the actual time of the diaper change. She said yes but it backfired on her.
                      I would not take a picture of a baby's diaper rash regardless of having the parent's permission. Too many potential problems could come from that one.

Comment

One of my DCG's just had a bad rash.The DR.suggested putting vaseline on diaper then desitin on baby this worked pretty quickly.

Comment

I'm sure the info is still relevant but this thread is from early 2013...just in case anyone is expecting OP to reply.

OP is no longer an active member.

Comment

Working...
                          X