No announcement yet.

Diaper Rash. and Angry DCM - WWYD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a boy that pop 3 to 4 times a day almost every day (been with me for 3 months). His rash sometimes is so bad that I cannot even use wipes to clean him and I have to give him a bath every diaper change instead. I have to check his behind every 10 minutes because his poop will go unnoticed (don't stink like the others) and he will get a bad rash if not changed immediately. Also this boy is the heaviest kid I ever had and all the diaper changing and bathing is giving me back and arm pains every day. I'm SOOO tired of this problem! But my mom is very sweet and struggles with the same issue...so at least that helps ...

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
      I would send her home. That is WAY to much pooping at daycare. She could easily get dehydrated and Mom needs to be one-on-oneing her to make sure she doesn't.
      Holy cow, that IS way too much pooping! Please send that child home! That is so disruptive to everyone elses day.

Comment

I would send her home. That is WAY to much pooping at daycare. She could easily get dehydrated and Mom needs to be one-on-oneing her to make sure she doesn't.
        She needs her own adult
        http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I'd bag every single diaper and hand them to her at pick up so she can see and smell how many times you changed her during the day.
          I agree with this. I would also have a little fun with this. Really play up the diaper rash. Be VERY concerned, perplexed. At least three times as concerned as she is about this. Make up a detailed dietary assessment and stool sample form for her to have at home. She must have the entire thing filled out for the week before the child is allowed in care for the next week, for your "research" into this very serious problem. Save the diapers, pass them to her out the door, and make sure she counts them. You have no idea what's going on because you take this rash very seriously and change her this often. There must be something going on at home, because you are SURE that they change her that often at home and are feeding her nothing but good things. Make HER write out dietary assessments at home, make charts and pie graphs in fun colors so you can figure this out together because you are so concerned about this. Have her analyze the stool samples in each diaper at home and mark it on a chart. Have her analyze these things on her own time and then see how important being condescending to you is. And then, after weeks of "analyzing" I would let her know that I still couldn't figure it out, so she will need to get a doctor's note before allowing her back in care since she has an undiagnosed problem and there is just too much liability with a serious case such as her daughter's. I fully believe in keeping "high and mighty" parents busy with busywork. They're leaving in June anyway, right? They are treating you badly because they think they can. Why not have a little fun? I would.

Comment

Wow, just read the responses that posted while I was posting. She pooped 9 times? That IS serious, agreed with the others. She shouldn't be there. I wouldn't let her back in without a doctor's note saying she is okay to be back.

Comment

Does she ever come with a diaper rash from over the weekend? I would be checking her 1st thing when she gets there so if that happens you can be the one to mention it to mom instead of the other way around.

Comment

Lots of good advice here. I especially like the bagging up the diapers idea :: & sending home.

I've got a little guy who has very sensitive skin & he responds to either Desitin Extra Strength mixed with Maalox or athletes foot cream depending on what's causing it (either yeast or just irritation).

Antibiotics can cause and/or exacerbate both the rash and diarrhea.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by julie View Post
                    I agree with this. I would also have a little fun with this. Really play up the diaper rash. Be VERY concerned, perplexed. At least three times as concerned as she is about this. Make up a detailed dietary assessment and stool sample form for her to have at home. She must have the entire thing filled out for the week before the child is allowed in care for the next week, for your "research" into this very serious problem. Save the diapers, pass them to her out the door, and make sure she counts them. You have no idea what's going on because you take this rash very seriously and change her this often. There must be something going on at home, because you are SURE that they change her that often at home and are feeding her nothing but good things. Make HER write out dietary assessments at home, make charts and pie graphs in fun colors so you can figure this out together because you are so concerned about this. Have her analyze the stool samples in each diaper at home and mark it on a chart. Have her analyze these things on her own time and then see how important being condescending to you is. And then, after weeks of "analyzing" I would let her know that I still couldn't figure it out, so she will need to get a doctor's note before allowing her back in care since she has an undiagnosed problem and there is just too much liability with a serious case such as her daughter's. I fully believe in keeping "high and mighty" parents busy with busywork. They're leaving in June anyway, right? They are treating you badly because they think they can. Why not have a little fun? I would.
                    !:::hug: gotta give you one for that, lady!

Not saying I'd do it...but it's fun to dream...

Comment

There's a DCG in my center that always seems to have horrible and very painful diaper rashes and her mom comes in screaming every morning that she isn't changed often enough. We made every effort to keep DCG changed and dry but it still wasn't enough. Then we noticed a pattern. Every Monday, mom would come in complaining about us allowing DCG to keep getting diaper rashes. Then, on the mornings where DCG is one of the first children to school, mom would complain about DCG getting diaper rash the day before. That's when we finally figured out that DCG always comes in early with the previous nights diaper full of poop. When mom brings her early, she rushes to DCGs class to change her in order to "complain" about we aren't taking care of her. After she was shown the video of her doing this, she stopped for a while

. She started back with the complaints a few weeks later so we asked if we could take a pic of the rash each time they changed her so mom would have the actual time of the diaper change. She said yes but it backfired on her. She now had proof that DCG was being changed like she asked and proof of the rash clearing as the day went on.

After a few more weeks of this, mom had a new complaint-we are using to many diapers a day and she can't afford to buy them that often. Well lady, you wanted her changed every 30 mins so who's diapers were we supposed to use. Some people

Comment

^^ what a piece of work.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyslippers View Post
                          Thanks everyone! I will try the desitin and vaseling. I actually did document how many times I changed her today. Between 7:30 and 2:30 - 16 times so far today, and at 9 of those were poop!!!!! Holy cow!

Comment

I'd bag every single diaper and hand them to her at pick up so she can see and smell how many times you changed her during the day.
                            that is an awesome idea!

Comment

then mom didn't read the instructions that the pharmasicst gave her, I would see if you can print her out another one. Antibiotics is natorious in giving kids diarrhea, its horrible. I found that no matter what you do, its hard to control. Don't use any powders because they will make it worse.

Comment

Not only do antibiotics often cause diarrhea, but they can also lead to things like yeast infections. It's pretty common for our babies to break out in diaper rashes when it happens. For an active diaper rash make sure to be using the purple tube. Vaseline or the blue tube can help make a barrier.

Comment

Working...
                                X