No announcement yet.

Decided To Term Accusing Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you need to find a way to have proof that the child's belongings and termination notice were delivered. if you just leave it at their door, they will be back to complain about not getting it. if you hand over items, you need them to sign a final letter agreeing that they were given term and that they received the following items.

if you really really do not want to see them again, i would mail these items to them with delivery confirmation so that you have proof of receipt. depends on what the items are but it might be worth paying to have that done

Comment

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
      you need to find a way to have proof that the child's belongings and termination notice were delivered. if you just leave it at their door, they will be back to complain about not getting it. if you hand over items, you need them to sign a final letter agreeing that they were given term and that they received the following items.

if you really really do not want to see them again, i would mail these items to them with delivery confirmation so that you have proof of receipt. depends on what the items are but it might be worth paying to have that done

I had the same thought. I would totally pay extra to ensure the items were recieved.

Comment

I think you have done a really great job so far with all of this..
        I would consider taking all the items to the post office and having them mailed or ship.. with signature of reciept required...

JUST as a side bar comment...
        It is situations similar to this... that are the primary reason I require payment of a 2 week deposit... upon enrollment..

You honestly DO NOT KNOW when situations will arise that cause termination..

99.99999 % of the time.. the parents NEVER follow the contract and actually PAY the 2 weeks for notice of termination..

I allow parents to EITHER pay in full at time of enrollment... OR... I allow them to add a agreed upon amount to their weekly payment.. until they have reached the 2 week deposit amount..
        I keep the credit balance on their ledger sheet for as long as that child is in my care... and if they choose to leave me.. for WHATEVER REASON...they are required to give WRITTEN 2 week notification.. at which point...the final 2 weeks is covered..

Comment

replied!

Wow! The family replied to my termination notice and they were just so wonderful about it! NOT!

They are still accusing me of 'inappropriately restraining' their child by having her sit in a booster seat with a tray on it eating a snack while waiting to be picked up. They also feel I need to be educated on the use of a thermometer. And.....brace yourself...they also had a got a doctor's note explaining how their child should be cared for when she has a fever. He wrote it just for me me!!!! HELLO PEOPLE!!! She can't be here with a fever!!!!

So the Tylenol King and Queen now want me to send them a refund for their last day....really. I think I will just buy them $ 33.00 worth of Tylenol and put it in their box.
          I am sooooooo happy I termed them. They also don't think that the times they showed up early before I open, or the times they were 35 minutes late when I clearly told them I had to be somewhere.....they don't think those were a big deal and can't understand why I got so irritated. They just don't get it.

I am so happy right now. My existing families are being so supportive of me. I have not told them everything that happened, as I am trying to be professional about it. But they told me they totally trust me with how I care for their children and can use a high chair in any way I see fit. Oh yes, and the termed family thinks that we should still meet so that their input can help other families with concerns they might have. Hahahahahaha, whatever!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X