Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand New Here And Closing Daycare...Need Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyAngels View Post
    Running a daycare is not for everyone, and kudos to you for realizing that it's just not a good fit for your family .

Tell them in a professional and caring way and be done with it. They will understand I'm sure. Change is always hard, but in this case it's for the better.

Take care.
    Thank you. I do feel like its just not a good fit for us. If it was for everyone... Everyone would have a daycare. I can be a stay at home mom and will prob go back to waitressing one night a week eventually just to get out.

Comment

:hug: I am exactly going through the same as you ... only 2 weeks ahead of you!

I even posted a thread https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...=decided+close

The time between reaching the decision to close and having the last kid leave your daycare is very draining... I'm doing the countdown and trying to keep focused on March 30th to help me "going"... less than 3 weeks to go.

Comment

Originally posted by lolaland View Post
        :hug: I am exactly going through the same as you ... only 2 weeks ahead of you!

I even posted a thread https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...=decided+close

The time between reaching the decision to close and having the last kid leave your daycare is very draining... I'm doing the countdown and trying to keep focused on March 30th to help me "going"... less than 3 weeks to go.
        I decided 24 hours ago and I am mentally drained and over emotional. However its relieving to see I am not the only person in the world going through this

Comment

13 weeks for me! Only 12 more Mondays...but who's counting? Can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I recently decided to close as well. I started daycare last May. I am at 8 days left and counting. I have 5 weeks notice not thinking they'd actually all five weeks but whatever. It is what it is. My part time family was done last Friday though. You will feel a million times better once you give notice. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mama0609 View Post
              I recently decided to close as well. I started daycare last May. I am at 8 days left and counting. I have 5 weeks notice not thinking they'd actually all five weeks but whatever. It is what it is. My part time family was done last Friday though. You will feel a million times better once you give notice. Good luck!
              Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                I decided 24 hours ago and I am mentally drained and over emotional. However its relieving to see I am not the only person in the world going through this
                You'll find there is one thing that gets immediately better when you make the dicision to close: Now when one of the kids becomes REALLY difficult to me, I think with an inner smile -"thank you for making me feel REALLY GREAT about my decision to close" - LOL happyface One boy hit me several times today during a very big tantrum (he wanted to keep smaking a toy train against a wall while looking at me waiting for my reaction ... after several warnings I took the toy away and he gave me several puches on my legs and arms). 2 weeks ago, this event would have "devestad me"... but not today

Comment

My last day is THIS Friday, its also my due date. Both cannot come fast enough, I'm exhausted! It was hard giving notice to my families because they have been great and I know they didn't want to go anywhere else but they understood and yours will too. I've kept in touch with a few moms, one has already given notice at the new daycare and keeps saying how they miss us. I start to feel bad and then I imagine having another dck here when I can barely move and I immediately feel better :-)

Comment

I had a horrible day today. I'm not telling them I'm closing until Friday so they can digest it over the weekend. I had to put my foot down a little with one kid an talked to the parent and I have to go about things as normal however I think it's a little obvious I'm worn out I wish I grew a backbone a long time ago but I think once I tell the parents I'm closing I will feel a lot better then I do now! I have a feeling they will leave quick too.

Comment

Working...
                    X