No announcement yet.

Worst Job Ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, this is the BEST job ever. I feel that I have been placed where I should be, didn't even know it until the last couple years and it still amazes me. Everybody says I am great with the kids and that I provide great care. Even my raters say my interactions with the kiddos are awesome.

I love that I get to work from home. Granted, they are long days, and are very tiring, but when I think about possibly being out in the workforce again, NO WAY! I hate all the office politics and cliques and commuting and having to do what a boss says when you know it's not right, and so on and so on.
    Also working from home makes it easier for me to manage my fibromyalgia.
    Doing another job from home though, won't make me happy like this.

I understand how you could be feeling tired of it. I am usually wiped by lunchtime and everyday after work I just sit around the house. Feels like I have nothing left. There are times where I feel like it takes everything out of me and I have no personal life because of it, but I couldn't imagine doing anything else.

However, there are plenty of people that can't handle this job or it's just not a good fit for them. Sometimes some of my parents ask me how I can take care of so many kids, when they can barely handle their one or 2, but that's the way it is. Everybody has different strengths, weaknesses and passions.

It could be the winter blues. Usually this time of year I play around a little in my head wondering if I should be doing something else. However, I NEVER have ever thought that this is a horrible job/career.

But it sounds like you really aren't happy. Since it started at the beginning of winter, was it just this year or have you noticed a pattern each winter. There is a seasonal depression called SAD. You might have that? Talk to your doctor about your depression and get help for it. In the meantime, analyze and decide if it really is the job or not. If it is, then find something else. Not worth the emotional distress, or the vibes that I am sure the kiddos can pick up from you.

I wish you well.

ETA: Sometimes it helps to look at the good/cute things about the children. The stuff that makes you laugh. I know there are days when that doesn't happen, but go to memory and try replacing some of those thoughts with happy thoughts that make you love the children.
    lovethis daymommy to 7 kiddos - 5 girls and 2 boys

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly View Post

I think this is the BEST job ever. There are days that are tough. I think it's worse in the winter time here. It's harder to get the kids outside and I kinda get the winter blues for a while.

I still love this job and I can't think of another job that would offer this many benifits to my family or allow me to make such a major/direct impact in the lives of the families I serve.

If you really think it's the worst job ever, get out NOW!! It's not worth the mental anguish to continue on in this field if that's how you are feeling.

Comment

I am incredibly in love with this job. I never saw myself getting into something like this....it just happened and at first I just saw it as a way to pay my bills. I wouldn't have it any other way now. Sounds like you need a vacation
        Everyday is a new day, with its own challenges, but even the bad days are good.lovethis

Comment

I've felt like that before. It seems to come on when it's that time of the month or when I was pregnant! But I always go back to loving it! I think it was my hormones at the times when I have felt the most resentment at doing this job. Some days the kids were so bad and I felt fine and just let it roll off, but other times when it is that time of the month or when I was pregnant, I have wanted to quit and never work with children again, but it went away. If you constantly cannot stand it, then I agree, get out now! Could you see yourself doing something else?

Comment

Sure, I close the door some days and thank the Lord they are all gone ::

But I have done this for 27 years now and I really do feel it was what I was meant to do.

I have done plenty of other jobs in my life. NOTHING gave me the satisfaction this does.

See my post called "So proud" a few days ago. Knowing I had a positive part in a child's life is worth a lot and makes it worth all the bad days I have.

I hope you get to feeling better about it. In the meantime...here's a :hug:

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly View Post

I think this is the BEST job ever. There are days that are tough. I think it's worse in the winter time here. It's harder to get the kids outside and I kinda get the winter blues for a while.

I still love this job and I can't think of another job that would offer this many benifits to my family or allow me to make such a major/direct impact in the lives of the families I serve.

If you really think it's the worst job ever, get out NOW!! It's not worth the mental anguish to continue on in this field if that's how you are feeling.
              This is where I wish I was.

Comment

Hi! It's me the OP Thank you ladies for all the replies. My intention is to reply back to all of your inputs in this thread but it will have to wait for the weekend... I'm soo tired right now!!! It's 9pm, I still got things to do, but my legs hurt from all the standing/walking/kneeling and I have no more energy. I'll just lay down in bed with my daughter snuggled watching Tv so we can finally enjoy each other a little bit before all the work starts all over again tomorrow ... I'm soo DONE for today ...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  Hi! It's me the OP Thank you ladies for all the replies. My intention is to reply back to all of your inputs in this thread but it will have to wait for the weekend... I'm soo tired right now!!! It's 9pm, I still got things to do, but my legs hurt from all the standing/walking/kneeling and I have no more energy. I'll just lay down in bed with my daughter snuggled watching Tv so we can finally enjoy each other a little bit before all the work starts all over again tomorrow ... I'm soo DONE for today ...
                  Consider registering. The Daycare.com forum has very supportive members.

Comment

Working...
                  X