Worst Job Ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Job Ever....

Seriously ... does any of you ever feel this is the worst job ever?? Do you have those days you think "to hell with this!! Nothing can be worst than this!! I quit!!"? It is definitely the job with the grumpiest more challenging "clients" ever! ... and these "clients" stay all-day/every-day. I really LOVE ALL my kids and they all have something adorable but each of them also have something extremely challenging in their personalities!!! So chalenging that I see the "I give up" look in their parents face at drop off. I do my best and I put all my energy in this but It's sucking the life out of me!! When everything is done related to my daycare, I have no energy /joy/time left in me... I'm dead!! I just want this felling to go away!!! If you ever feel this way, for how long you feel this way?? I've been felling like this since before Christmas! Is this normal?? I'm I unfit for this?? Is this New England's winter blues playing tricks on me?? Is this mid life crises. (42)?? Is this I sign I should move on (done this for 5 years)?? What was your experience with these fellings? I'm depressed ... and no one knows it ...

I feel like that today....
    (((HUGS)))

Comment

I often feel like that 2, but the it goes away and then it comes back with a vengeance. I've always been a grumpy person, but I find myself to be even grumpier after doing this, is just to much work, and emotionally speaking is a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by jokalima View Post
        I often feel like that 2, but the it goes away and then it comes back with a vengeance. I've always been a grumpy person, but I find myself to be even grumpier after doing this, is just to much work, and emotionally speaking is a lot.
        This is me too. I try not to be grumpy or come off as grumpy, but weeks like I am having this week and thats what you get ::

This is NOT an easy sit around and eat bon-bons profession.

(((hugs))) to the OP, I think we have all at some point or another had these feelings.

Comment

It might help to make an appt with your doctor to have your hormone levels checked and let them know how you are feeling. Maybe you can explore some options to helping you feel better.
          I do have some tough days in the dc, but by far this is still the BEST jobs I've ever had. Maybe because I worked in several different fields before I had children, I just have a very low tolerance for work place nonsense. On the tough days I try to remember just how bad some of my outside working experiences were

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
            I do have some tough days in the dc, but by far this is still the BEST jobs I've ever had. Maybe because I worked in several different fields before I had children, I just have a very low tolerance for work place nonsense. On the tough days I try to remember just how bad some of my outside working experiences were
            So true...., I use to be a Quality Assurance Analyst for Chemical Weapons of Mass Destruction. I would much rather provide quality childcare for children over babysitting a bunch of whinny scientist & chemist. (I'm still having a cruddy week though)

Comment

It might help to make an appt with your doctor to have your hormone levels checked and let them know how you are feeling. Maybe you can explore some options to helping you feel better.

I think this is the BEST job ever. There are days that are tough. I think it's worse in the winter time here. It's harder to get the kids outside and I kinda get the winter blues for a while.

I still love this job and I can't think of another job that would offer this many benifits to my family or allow me to make such a major/direct impact in the lives of the families I serve.

If you really think it's the worst job ever, get out NOW!! It's not worth the mental anguish to continue on in this field if that's how you are feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly View Post

I think this is the BEST job ever. There are days that are tough. I think it's worse in the winter time here. It's harder to get the kids outside and I kinda get the winter blues for a while.

I still love this job and I can't think of another job that would offer this many benifits to my family or allow me to make such a major/direct impact in the lives of the families I serve.

If you really think it's the worst job ever, get out NOW!! It's not worth the mental anguish to continue on in this field if that's how you are feeling.

Comment

There are tough days for sure.

But no,I never think its the worst job ever. I've had much worse jobs. Including one where I had a boss slap my hand and another one where I was constantly sexually harassed.

I'll take the kiddos and sometimes annoying parents any day over that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    Seriously ... does any of you ever feel this is the worst job ever?? Do you have those days you think "to hell with this!! Nothing can be worst than this!! I quit!!"? It is definitely the job with the grumpiest more challenging "clients" ever! ... and these "clients" stay all-day/every-day. I really LOVE ALL my kids and they all have something adorable but each of them also have something extremely challenging in their personalities!!! So chalenging that I see the "I give up" look in their parents face at drop off. I do my best and I put all my energy in this but It's sucking the life out of me!! When everything is done related to my daycare, I have no energy /joy/time left in me... I'm dead!! I just want this felling to go away!!! If you ever feel this way, for how long you feel this way?? I've been felling like this since before Christmas! Is this normal?? I'm I unfit for this?? Is this New England's winter blues playing tricks on me?? Is this mid life crises. (42)?? Is this I sign I should move on (done this for 5 years)?? What was your experience with these fellings? I'm depressed ... and no one knows it ...
                    I love my job!!! but I have those days--- I have challenging two year olds, needy two year olds

What can we do about days like this and how do you all cope?

Only you can decide if you should move on or not- I just want to know some skills that can help me to cope, because I do love my job and my kiddo's. Come the end of the night I am just done- I don't have much left for anyone. I just fake it till I make it I suppose- one way I cope with crud days.

Comment

Originally posted by My3cents View Post
                      What can we do about days like this and how do you all cope?.
                      Chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.

No seriously, this is a highly demanding and exhausting job and its not for everyone. I suggest if you are seriously rethinking it that you do the list of pros/cons and decide if you want to continue. For me, I absolutely do feel the way the OP does sometimes. It means I'm getting burnt out and need a break. OP can you get some vacation time to take a breather and decide if you want to come back to daycare?

Comment

YEP!!! lovethis

Comment

For what this job offers me it is a wonderful fit. It was a better fit when my kids were young and it is becoming more challenging to figure out reasons why I should continue to provide care now that my kids are grown. At this moment while I search for more intellectually fulfilling opportunities- I can't beat the income and I really do love my little ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                            hahahahaha you just made my day!!! I showed this to my husband and asked me if I wrote it... It is absolutely the most underappreciated, underpaid, exhausting job ever... However; it is also the most rewarding...like when a parent comes in on Monday and says that the child asked for you all weekend or when you see a past DCC out somewhere and they run up and wrap their arms around you...

I was at the point you are at a few years ago. I closed my daycare and went back to "work". It didn't quite work out and I ended up opening again. You need to make time for yourself (which I am still learning to do). Maybe you need a few days off to spend with family or friends. Everyone needs a break from their job...heck...my DCP take breaks all the time from their jobs...

I am actually in the process of looking to hire a substitute which would give me a little more flexibilty with time off...I know how much my DCP depend on me so they can go to work; but even a simple doctor's appt is almost impossible. So I totally get where you're at...but the grass isnt always greener on the other side...Take a break for yourself to "regroup"

the Winter Blues don't help much either....

Comment

I felt this way today too. Wanted to start a thread on it even. Thing is I am only back into FCC for 2 months.

We bought a house just for child care.....and I am losing it. Maybe I have been out of the field too long.

I feel like my brain doesn't work this way any more. I only have three kids enrolled and only had two today and I was losing it.

They were crabby, but not that bad. Maybe I have made a big mistake.

I will have to read everone's posts above.

I feel your pain. Hope things improve. I didn't mean to high jack your thread

Comment

Working...
                              X