No announcement yet.

Something to Consider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said it on the other board and ill say it again.

I have no issue and actually appreciate the straight talk, serious language and differing viewpoints we see sometimes on the forum. I have been called out on here for certain things and I appreciated it.

I also appreciate that people have different approaches and viewpoints on just about everything. I love reading them, and I have gotten so much useful info from the forum.

What I dont appreciate is people who troll the forum looking for a sensitive or controversial topic and post something outrageous to bait other users, who reply to users posts with insulting and unnecessary attacks because they said something they dont agree with, or even the handful of registered users who post rudely and negatively in every thread they go in.

I just dont see how users like this benefit the forum. Love the rest of you guys to pieces though!! lovethis

Comment

Hunibee...
      It's my understanding she was referring more to communicating with parents...either way it makes sense whether here on the forum, or with parents.
      What I got out of it is you can let the parents know what you expect without causing any hurt feelings...maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
        With the recent issue on posting/hurt feelings/drama/etc. I thought the information I'm going to post would be a great learning tool for us all.

So next time you go to post/respond really think if you can actually come across where the person will be able to take in the wording, tone, and body language of your post. Probably not!

Then the next thought should be: should I even post this or respond?
        Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Hunibee...
        It's my understanding she was referring more to communicating with parents...either way it makes sense whether here on the forum, or with parents.
        What I got out of it is you can let the parents know what you expect without causing any hurt feelings...maybe I'm wrong.
        From what I gather, she was like you said, applying something she'd learned for use with parents to the forum issues. It makes a lot of sense. And I believe people feel empowered to respond harshly when there's no body language or eye contact, they figure "oh its just an internet board, not real people."

Comment

Working...
        X